MI Audio Boost 'n' Buff versus HBE Germania (treble boosters)

JoshuaLogan

• Members

I want a treble booster, and was looking for you guys to compare these two for me. the mi audio pedal is a treble booster on the last settings... I think alltogether it's about 35db of boost and the last half of the knob range it turns into a treble booster.... I'm not sure how much db of boost the germania is. anyone know? has anyone tried both and prefer one over the other? if so, why? lemme know what you think

• Members

I've owned the MI Audio Boost'n'Buff.

Excellent, clean and neutral booster. I really couldn't turn it up to where it was obviously treble boosting without really hurting myself though. I'm using a booster last in my chain for an overall volume boost. If I was using it in front of other OD pedals, that would be a different story.

So, I wouldn't really call it a treble booster. It's just a clean boost that focuses more on the treble region at very high boost settings IMO.

BTW- I didn't sell it because I thought it was bad. It sounds a lot better to my ears than an RC Booster (again, for the above listed application). However, I found that I prefered the thickening and coloration I get from my Royal Fromage instead.

-Ben

• Members

I've owned the MI Audio Boost'n'Buff.

Excellent, clean and neutral booster. I really couldn't turn it up to where it was obviously treble boosting without really hurting myself though. I'm using a booster last in my chain for an overall volume boost. If I was using it in front of other OD pedals, that would be a different story.

So, I wouldn't really call it a treble booster. It's just a clean boost that focuses more on the treble region at very high boost settings IMO.

BTW- I didn't sell it because I thought it was bad. It sounds a lot better to my ears than an RC Booster (again, for the above listed application). However, I found that I prefered the thickening and coloration I get from my Royal Fromage instead.

-Ben

Thanks, on the description it said the last half turn of the level knob it starts functioning as a treble booster, so that's what I was interested in... pushing od pedals and/or amp distortion with the treble boost part of it for some more aggressiveness. anyone else have an opinion here?

Archived