Someone listen to my band's new song! POG content!!

DonaldDemon

• Members

I finally got around to posting the last song we recorded on myspace. We have been out of $$ for a long time so the mix is final for now. It's not mastered yet but will be eventually for the full album. We recorded it in a real nice studio and even though the myspace player sucks, it shows on CD.

Details: We are a 3-piece and I am the guitarist/singer. All tracks were recorded with a Splawn Pro Mod and Bogner 4x12 w/ V30's. On another track we had a Fender Blues Junior with a Frantone Peach Fuzz pedal.

Effects used were AD-9, POG, Keeley Modded Vox Wah, CH-2. You can hear the POG on the chorus riff and the middle section starting around 3:00. Vocals used the old (literally) megaphone trick and at the quiet part we actually ran the vocal track through the Blues Junior and the CH-2. Sounded pretty cool!

Anyway click on the myspace link in my sig and the song "Darkest Days" should start playing. Let me know what you think!

• Members

Not working for me either...

hmmm...wtf? I can't really check to see if it works here at work because myspace is blocked by our firewall. Could that be the problem you guys are having? I retyped it again anyway. Maybe I'll just post the song through Yousendit or something.

• Members

Ok, now it works, this had better be good too, I just paused Machine Gun to check it out!

First off, it sounds very well put together, I have to stress it's far from being my bag, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear this playing on the radio at all. Huge guitar sounds, without being mushy, the effects all sound good without dominating anywhere.

Sounds like it was worth all the time, money and effort you put into it, well done. :thu:

• Members
Ok, now it works, this had better be good too, I just paused Machine Gun to check it out!

First off, it sounds very well put together, I have to stress it's far from being my bag, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear this playing on the radio at all. Huge guitar sounds, without being mushy, the effects all sound good without dominating anywhere.

Sounds like it was worth all the time, money and effort you put into it, well done.
:thu:

Thanks a lot for the effort dude, especially for interrupting Machine Gun. :eek:
I gotta say, I love the Hendrix avatars you have. Even though it may not show in the song you just listened to, Hendrix is a huge influence on my music.

As much as I love efefcts and want to use them for almost everything, I always try to limit myself to just what will fit the song. I'm not sure if sounding like it could be on the radio is a compliment or an insult these days though! :o J/K. Thanks for taking time!

• Members
you have really good drum sounds IMO..

thank you. The drummer actually used the old Pearl kit that was in the studio because his drums were crap. It's really due to the room just sounding good. We have a new, better drummer now with a few custom built kits that he made himself as well as a $5000 DW set. They should sound amazing in that room! We go back Sunday to start a new song. :thu:

• Members
Gave it a listen. Guitar tones aren't bad, the bridge part is pretty neat.. vocals are kinda meh, but I'm sure you're not trying to be Sting or anything.

Good stuff overall.

right on, thanks. I'm not too satisfied with the vocals either so no offense.
i feel I could have done better but oh well.

• Members
Sounds very well put together. I like the structure, the mix, the guitar tones, and the vox. However, I think you should bring the tempo up a little. It just gets a little boring, and upping the tempo would give it a bit more energy IMO.

thanks. like I said earlier, it is what it is because it was expenscive and we have other songs that need to be done. Actually I am going today to begin the next song. :thu:

Archived