Pro Jr.

inscho

• Members

If its like the Blues Jr. then yes, its speaker runs into a 1/4" speaker jack that you can use to run it out into an external cab.
:thu:

Yep. Just checked the manual on the Fender website. Man, I really want a new amp, and I really think the Pro jr or Blues jr would be perfect for my apartment situation...

• Members

Yes, the Pro Jr. has a speaker jack. The internal speaker is connected to it. Just unplug internal speaker and plug in external and away you go!

I've been rehearsing with the band with my Pro Jr. driving a Marshall 4 x 12 cab. The band has a female singer with a relatively quiet voice so I can't really be plugging into the 100watt beast. But the Pro Jr. works great. I'm driving it with a Box of Rock as my primary sound and liking it a lot.

• Members

Yes, the Pro Jr. has a speaker jack. The internal speaker is connected to it. Just unplug internal speaker and plug in external and away you go!

I've been rehearsing with the band with my Pro Jr. driving a Marshall 4 x 12 cab. The band has a female singer with a relatively quiet voice so I can't really be plugging into the 100watt beast. But the Pro Jr. works great. I'm driving it with a Box of Rock as my primary sound and liking it a lot.

Yup, its easy to do!:thu:

The Pro Jr. is such a little beastie, I love it!

• Members

Ok that's what I was trying to say. :thu:

• Members

I'd try before i buy inscho..as the pro could get extremely hissy ..

the middle screw trick worked for me , on my previous jr ..

I would go to GC, try it out and see if you like it, and then keep your eyes peeled for a used one at half the price. :thu:

• Members

I'd try before i buy inscho..as the pro could get extremely hissy ..

the middle screw trick worked for me , on my previous jr ..

They seem to be really sensitive to what tubes are in it. Mine works the best with JJ 12ax7s - almost dead quiet. Other 12ax7s were more prone to hissy fits.

• Members

Apparently if you remove one of the screws from it you can cut down on a lot of the noise.
:confused:

I think on some units, the "middle screw" that holds that back panel on was too long and touched some part of the circuit board causing noise.

Fortunately for me, mine doesn't have elongated middle screwitis.

Archived