MY NEW PEDALBOARD/PEDALS!!! weeeeeee

angelhair0

• Members

Well it's kind of on the large side. But If gets too small look me up ~ I've made them even larger for the guys in Nashville. I think they hired some midgets to carry them around or something like that. Plus I've got a cheap way of adding a mic stand to the pedalboard ~ and it works great! Plus your's looks like it needs a road case.

www.custompedalboard.com

• Members
i love huge effects rigs, but i could never use one. If something was to go wrong (which of course only happenes at a gig), the troubleshooting process would get me fired
:eek:

searching for a bad cable in that would be a nightmare, expecially mid-song...

I am so on top of my cables, that I honestly doubt that would happen. I mean, it's not impossible. But wthin the past few years, playing a hundred or more shows, including about 8 tours, I've NEVER had a problem where I was trouble shooting my board. The only time that has ever happened is before we play, something may have come loose or popped out. However, I make a committment, EVERY show, to find a place to plug in my board and my amp somewhere in the room and just strum a few chords to make sure everything works. Doing that REALLY helps prevent problems during the show.

• Members

Well it's kind of on the large side. But If gets too small look me up ~ I've made them even larger for the guys in Nashville. I think they hired some midgets to carry them around or something like that. Plus I've got a cheap way of adding a mic stand to the pedalboard ~ and it works great! Plus your's looks like it needs a road case.

www.custompedalboard.com

SPAMMER!

But really, thanks. I do have a road case that I built with wheels, but I'll check our your stuff anyway, just for the hell of it. A cheap mic stand thingie would be really cool.. I need some info on that! Please let me know.

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, Mr. Spammer, I need a road case for my old Fender Twin. Hit me up...

• Members

You've posted this everywhere, Rightly so:thu:

I posted this here and in the pedaboard forum, and that's it. But you know, I SHOULD post it elsewhere, because it RULES. I'm going to the Gear Page, Geek Chat, and everything else I can find. Thanks for the idea!

• Members

I wouldn't consider it spam as much as just trying to help (if needed) If I were a true spammer I'd have my stuff for sale all over the place. I'm too damn busy for that! As for the mic stand thingy it's so simple it's stupid. It's nothing that a trip down the plumbing aisle at Home Depot or Lowes won't fix. Send me an email address and I'll send a pix of one.

Thanks
Mike

• Members

I wouldn't consider it spam as much as just trying to help (if needed) If I were a true spammer I'd have my stuff for sale all over the place. I'm too damn busy for that! As for the mic stand thingy it's so simple it's stupid. It's nothing that a trip down the plumbing aisle at Home Depot or Lowes won't fix. Send me an email address and I'll send a pix of one.

Thanks

Mike

I know I was mostly kidding. If I were you, I'd do the same thing. Ill send you a PM with my email in a sec.

• Members
newboard3.jpg

WoW :eek:

I could never manage to stand on 90% of those pedals without missing them or hitting the wrong one. Especially the RC-50!

I do love to see huge, complicated rigs though and would love to see it in action even more.

Bloody well done! :thu:

• Members

Nah, I've never had a problem missing a pedal. I used to have most of these pedals on two boards and it was just so damn annoying.. I'd have to tap dance across the damn stage. Now things are much easier.

I play with my shoes and socks off. I know that's weird, but I am an odd one. I do this so I can turn knobs with my toes mid-song. Haha.. because most of these pedals don't have presets, I have to turn knobs. It's really hard at first, but constantly practice running through our songs at practice has gotten me to perfect it.

You know what?! I am going to record practice tonight and set the camera up on my damn feet and record a video. It will probably sound like ass because it will be right next to our amps, but at least you can watch!

And some weird sicko perverts with foot fetishes and severe GAS will probably jerk off to it, which is quite flattering.

• Members

Nah, I've never had a problem missing a pedal. I used to have most of these pedals on two boards and it was just so damn annoying.. I'd have to tap dance across the damn stage. Now things are much easier.

I play with my shoes and socks off. I know that's weird, but I am an odd one. I do this so I can turn knobs with my toes mid-song. Haha.. because most of these pedals don't have presets, I have to turn knobs. It's really hard at first, but constantly practice running through our songs at practice has gotten me to perfect it.

You know what?! I am going to record practice tonight and set the camera up on my damn feet and record a video. It will probably sound like ass because it will be right next to our amps, but at least you can watch!

And some weird sicko perverts with foot fetishes and severe GAS will probably jerk off to it, which is quite flattering.

do it!!! you will be my hero. Seriously if you can play that board at a gig and step on the right things, and like you said not have technical issues, then you sir are a braver man than I. Dont see too many mixers on pedalboards. Whats that set up for?

• Members

do it!!! you will be my hero. Seriously if you can play that board at a gig and step on the right things, and like you said not have technical issues, then you sir are a braver man than I. Dont see too many mixers on pedalboards. Whats that set up for?

The mixer is just for my RC-50. Our other guitarist has an RC-20 and he runs his into my mixer as well just for EQ purposes. Plus I am in another band with two keyboardists and a laptop, so we use the mixer for that as well. Plus, we record practices and jam sessions, and if we ever need to refer back to a previous jam session to recall riffs we were playing to use in songs, we plug in another laptop for that. It's just good to have on the board for all those purposes. It sure beats handing the sound guy 5 different inputs for his snake.

Archived