damn EHX pedals gettin snappy wit me and I aint appreciate it

angelhair0

• Members

I have heard before that switching your Holy Grail from the daisy chain to it's own power supply gets rid of that noisiness. I understand that what happens is that current builds up and when you step on the switch to switch it on, it releases it and that's why there is that snap. Well, whether it's daisy chained or not, my Polychorus and Holy Grail (and even my Small Stone and Small Clone when I had one, but not my old Holiest Grail for some reason) makes that click when I switch it on. No matter where my stuff is plugged in, no matter what venue, no matter what power supply. Any advice on getting rid of this? It's not a HUGE problem except when I have a delay on after the EHX pedals in my chain... that snap repeats with the delay and it's nasty.

• Members

I have heard before that switching your Holy Grail from the daisy chain to it's own power supply gets rid of that noisiness. I understand that what happens is that current builds up and when you step on the switch to switch it on, it releases it and that's why there is that snap. Well, whether it's daisy chained or not, my Polychorus and Holy Grail (and even my Small Stone and Small Clone when I had one, but not my old Holiest Grail for some reason) makes that click when I switch it on. No matter where my stuff is plugged in, no matter what venue, no matter what power supply. Any advice on getting rid of this? It's not a HUGE problem except when I have a delay on after the EHX pedals in my chain... that snap repeats with the delay and it's nasty.

I've heard that happens with TB pedals, and its a matter of adding a resistor to the switch... {censored} if i know anything more than that, so bump for the smarter than me crowd!

• Members

I've heard that happens with TB pedals, and its a matter of adding a resistor to the switch... {censored} if i know anything more than that, so bump for the smarter than me crowd!

That's not hard to do. Where can I find the right resistors? I don't now what to look for, I just know how to put them in.

Archived