Tone Factor - Ultra-Lord

fatbackribs

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love most your other stuff Gringo_loco, but this one gets a meh from me.

Maybe you need an FZ-2 for some inspiration
;)

I can understand that. I'm surprised he didnt use the "shape " and "sag" knobs a bit more...it makes the upper octave / ring moddish tones stand out a bit more...and the shape does the shin-ei fy-2 thing...overall though, i think he did a great job of demonstrating a bit of what its about....the muffish type tones were definitely shown toward the end, and some of the silicon FF-ish type tones were there...some of the octave stuff too....

GRINGO

• Members

Oh, I will be getting one soooon! Thanks to Gringo Loco for making a cool pedal! I'm sure that will be an instant classic!
:thu:

Thank Brad / Tonefactor...he's the one who convinced me to let him build it ! My baby, but its being raised by Brad :) . If it were up to me, i'd have one for personal use, and probably wouldnt build another....after i build one of any given pedal, i get "bored" with the "repetition" of building them over and over again....Brad is definitely the reason its available.

GRINGO

• Members

Thank Brad / Tonefactor...he's the one who convinced me to let him build it ! My baby, but its being raised by Brad
:)
. If it were up to me, i'd have one for personal use, and probably wouldnt build another....after i build one of any given pedal, i get "bored" with the "repetition" of building them over and over again....Brad is definitely the reason its available.

GRINGO

Seems to be that way with you builder types! Glad you and Brad got together. I want a War Pig!!!!!:thu:

• Members

Awesome video.

Does it need to be first in the chain?

Exactly.........if this thing isn't tempermental and will work a few pedls back in the chain, I'd sell-off my Ultra Fuzz and go with one of those. Somebody REALLY needs to get one of these and run a big comparison between it and the Fuzz Factory and Ultra Fuzz. From the clips, it sounds like it has a better fuzz tone than the other two........but I'm interested in knowing how crazy it can get in terms of effects and if it can do the controlled theramin/volume&tone pot trick that the Ultra Fuzz does so well.

• Members

Exactly.........if this thing isn't tempermental and will work a few pedls back in the chain, I'd sell-off my Ultra Fuzz and go with one of those. Somebody REALLY needs to get one of these and run a big comparison between it and the Fuzz Factory and Ultra Fuzz. From the clips, it sounds like it has a better fuzz tone than the other two........but I'm interested in knowing how crazy it can get in terms of effects and if it can do the controlled theramin/volume&tone pot trick that the Ultra Fuzz does so well.

Ultra Fuzz pairs nicely with the Huck for me.Sounds really good even on 'standard' non-theremin settings.Keep it anyway.Sell it for big bucks one day...:thu:

• Members

Great idea. Somebody should write up a good article with nice pics and online clips and I bet one of the big guitar magazines would pay good money for it.

• Members

I think anything fatback touches is going to sound good....so I try not to get too worked up about his demos
:p

That's kind of what I was thinking. I think I like Fatbacks wacky, note-bending noise-fests more than I dig half of the pedals he demos. ALSO: Am I crazy, or is there a Parapedal hanging on the wall in the background?

Archived