so I just bought a digidelay instead of a dd-3 and dd-6 am I an idiot?

dysorexia

• Members

:rolle:o

I don't know I think the DD-3 sounded like {censored}, and the DD-6 even more so. So it was a battle between the DD-3 and digidelay, it sounds great and the reverse and modulation modes sound nice. Anyone else use one of these puppies? Flame the company if you want, I'm all for it. :thu:

• Members
Now, I'm not judging you or anything but...

Oh, who cares what I think it's really all about what sounded best to your ears and besides you got yourself a Delay pedal.
:thu:

errr I already have 3 analog delays, but I wanted a digital one for my practice amp when I'm not at home or traveling. I think it sounds great...:cry:

• Members

i played one and liked it. i used to have a dd3 but it just didn't suit me after using analog delays. for a digital delay, i thought the DD was good. ive generally always liked digitech/DOD delays, actually. i love the old 8-bit pds delays, but they seemed to get popular recently and the prices have shot up.

• Members

i played one and liked it. i used to have a dd3 but it just didn't suit me after using analog delays. for a digital delay, i thought the DD was good. ive generally always liked digitech/DOD delays, actually. i love the old 8-bit pds delays, but they seemed to get popular recently and the prices have shot up.

Arion's DDM-1 or whatever its called is a lo-fi, analog-like digital delay for $20. You might like it.

• Members
:rolle:o

I don't know I think the DD-3 sounded like {censored}, and the DD-6 even more so. So it was a battle between the DD-3 and digidelay, it sounds great and the reverse and modulation modes sound nice. Anyone else use one of these puppies? Flame the company if you want, I'm all for it.
:thu:

well thats the whole point. Get what you like. I love my dd3 but it's not for everybody. I'd replace it with another analog delay if i could, but i dont feel like it. I've heard nothing but good things about the digidelay.

• Members

hey how do you like your digiverb? I'm kind of having a buying frenzy.

I really like it. the spring is awful, but who cares. I use it for super deep unrealistic reverbs anyway. the gated is suuuuper cool, same idea as the reverse but triggers better it seems. its a good one for ambient kinda things. It'd probably be good for your standard room verbs too, but i don't really use those soooo...

I also have the flanger on the way from ebay, $30. I hate flanger but the random step mode sounds so awesome in the samples on theirsite/MF, even with the horribley cheesy playing. sounds like the classic sample and hold filters, and its a hell of alot cheaper than a robotalk plus runs off 9v. will report when i get it.

• Members

digitech is impressing me highly right now. id definitely pick one up if i saw it for 35 bucks. hell, maybe even 40!

+1

I really like my digiverb. Definitely great for the price I paid (I don't even regret not trying out other options before hand... which is good). That being said, I also really like my dd-3 as well as my recently acquired dd-2 (I changed my mind on that trade I was talking about yesterday) but I'd certainly like to hear what Digitech have to offer delay-wise.

• Members

hmm... ya id be interested to see what it's like.. i miss having a phaser

the faze is not the highlight of the x series, imo. It's _really_ shrill, the step stuff on the flanger sound much better, deaper. It DEF. doesn't do classic faz sounds at all.(phase90,or smallstone)

• Members

the faze is not the highlight of the x series, imo. It's _really_ shrill, the step stuff on the flanger sound much better, deaper. It DEF. doesn't do classic faz sounds at all.(phase90,or smallstone)

word. the whole concept of a digital phaser really doesn't appeal to me, of all effects to be digital (besides distortion)

• Members

Now that Im on it, I wonder why Digitech has never released a stand alone pitch/harmonizer X series pedal more like the PS-5 than the Whammy...

They have always been popular for pitch effects, so it would make sense...

the whammy sells far too well for them to want to do something like that, and they put it in the ex7.

• Members

I had a DD3 and sold it because I got tired of looking at it and wanted to try something new. I eventually settled for an RV 3 which suited my needs more, but I wished I never sold my DD3...

Later, I picked up a Digidelay for my small board and I couldn't get into it. The features are nice, and having something like 4 seconds of delay was pretty cool, but there was something about it that I did not like. I wound up selling it and getting a used DD3 for my small board. Now all is good.

c

Archived