Wah and phaser on a budget

Johnstinkpants

• Members

for a wah you can get a crybaby for under 50 bucks, sounds fine with fuzz. i have 2 phasers that i enjoy using for stoner-y riffage- the arion phaser (20 dollars) on a fast subtle sweep, and my green small stone (got for 35, but they usually go for 50ish) for heavy psychadelic sweeps.

• Members

you can easily pick up a wah pedal for that much. I've been happy with my Crybaby after all these years though I've seen some of the vox wahs go pretty cheap on Ebay. As for the phaser, I've been pretty happy with my boss ph-3. It will definitly do some crazy stuff for you and can get fairly subtle. However, I'm thinking I might pick up a MXR phase 90 or EVH phaser just for sublte settings. I'm not sure though cause like I said I"m pretty happy with the Boss.

• Members

Small Stone for the phaser. They are inexpensive. As for the Wah, I don't know what to recommend, but as an owner of the bog-standard 595 GCB crybaby or whatever it's called, if you want a big sweep, I wouldn't recommend it. It's okay and does the job for me - but it definately does not have a big sweep...

• Members

I'm liking the sound of the small stone, that's definitely an option for the phaser. As for the wah I'm still really not sure. I hear so many mixed things about crybabys, and I definitely do want a big sweep.

I was looking into Morley Wahs. The straightforward 'power wah' caught my eye (the one without volume, distortion etc) but I can't find any info on it anywhere...

Archived