anyone compare the Xotic BB Preamp vs. Keeley Katana?

JoshuaLogan

• Members

I am looking for a good boost pedal (to slam the front end of a high gain channel a little harder), and I was told by a few different people that the keeley katana is one of the best. I have an offer to buy one right now, but I just looked at the xotic bb preamp and it looks like it might do the job really well too... just wondering, have any of you used both? what do you think of them?

• Members

i really dont have experience with any of those pedals, but i have gassed for a Katana for quite some time. I just dont need a clean boost at the moment. It's got alittle bit of grit you can add too when you pull that knob out. Keeley it top notch. The Xotic stuff is nice, and yea if you want a clean boost look at the AC booster. Hard to go wrong with either choice.

• Members

well the Keeley Katana is a clean boost.

the BB Preamp is an overdrive.

Well, they will basically function as the same for me, as if I got the BB I would just not use the gain knob.... a lot of people use tubescreamer pedals as boosts like that with level up and gain down.... oh, and the katana can have a little bit of grittyness to it too... doesn't have to be totally clean....

• 3 weeks later...

Archived