Sign in to follow this  
radonballoon

john mayer i don't trust myself... effect(s)?

what is he using? any idea? well, not specifically but in general. i caught a glimpse of his new board but i really couldn't distinguish too much. i think i saw a few way huge pedals. a t-rex delay and a fulltone (?) od i think. any way, it almost sounds like a comination of an envelope filter and a trem? it also sounds similar to the experience pedal with the swell cranked.

I coped similar sounds for that song with my slow gear clone, which is a volume swell pedal (Conveniently for sale in the spam thread - $75) I proly used some mix of delay and trem, plus OD to get that nice warmness

yeah, i know for a fact he has a keeley bd-2 and a vintage 808. i used to have a slow gear. i'm pretty sure that's not it. i think i hear an envelope filter in there. i really don't want to replicate the sound, it's just bugging me what it is!

is it just me or does it look like he has a ton of cable running through there? the patch cables look like they're coiled up...

then again, i've read that clapton and some other players prefer using longer cables for the high end roll off..

then again, i've read that clapton and some other players prefer using longer cables for the high end roll off..

I read that Warren Hayes does that. He won't use a wireless because of it.

What kind of wah is that in the picture?

Teese Rmc 2

teese..................GOD why are these forums so slow today:mad:

I believe he did do a few BYOC's. I wonder if he just heard about them, or if he lurks on forumz.

i betcha he was/is Jazzrules..... (if anyone remembers that far back)

I believe he did do a few BYOC's. I wonder if he just heard about them, or if he lurks on forumz.

He definitely did the tremolo. It was on his site, I believe. I'm sure he's probably visited the BYOC forum at least.

that pic is an old one fwiw. it's from sometime in 2005. his board is huge now. he mentioned something about building his own effects and posted a pic of 3 homebrew boxes on his blog recently.

i don't remember seeing an adredalinn on his board though. i could be wrong as i didn't get a great look at it but i thought i would have noticed that.

what he has on his board doesn't really have much to do with what he used on the recordings. He's used an Adrenalinn on the last couple albums he's done. Live i know he's got 2 other guitarists with him so it's very possible one of them is using one.