Lame ebayer, what would you do?

Barrey78

• Members

I bought some old 16mm film footage on ebay for an art project my gf is doing. I used buy it now. I waited 10 days did not get any email from the seller. I email him a very nice email saying "I was just wondering if you sent the film, it is kinda time sensitive".

He writes back "delivery confermation (sic) #############".

That's it no carrier or any other information. I email him and ask him what he used to ship.

He says "you only paid for USPS ground".

I check the tracking number on USPS and it is invalid. I email him saying the tracking number is not working and if he could help me out with more information and he emails, " So What are you saying .I Am lying after selling 10,000 items on ebay that I pick you to rip off a whole $10 Get Real that is the tracking number and that is my story."

It was actually more like 20 bucks, but that is not the point obviously. I would not rather not get the obligatory negative feedback retaliation because I only have 9 or 10 feedbacks.

What would you do?

• Members

Enter the number into Google and it'll point to whatever service he used. If you still can't find anything, I'd just wait and see if it shows up. If it doesn't then it might be time to do something. $20 isn't worth a negative rating to me if you only have 9 or 10 to begin with. That guy has no reason to be a jerk about it though.

• Members

Tell him that that's the number you entered into USPS's website and it doesn't work. Tell him you don't think he is a liar, just that he made a simple mistake with the confirmation number. However, the real person to listen to on the is forumite Mr Sage.

• Members

I figured I was screwed.

ebay is lame.

I am sure he never sent it.

Maybe I can send him some guilt inducing emails of the "why are you so mean variety".

The really lame thing is that when I used buy it now, it said there were 6 reels available. Someone cool would have just sent another one if they did send it.

• Members

Tell him that that's the number you entered into USPS's website and it doesn't work. Tell him you don't think he is a liar, just that he made a simple mistake with the confirmation number. However, the real person to listen to on the is forumite Mr Sage.

I did, and that is when he sent me the nasty email. I emailed him back saying I did not think he was a liar and a screenshot of the invalid tracking number.

• Members

I did, and that is when he sent me the nasty email. I emailed him back saying I did not think he was a liar and a screenshot of the invalid tracking number.

And he hasn't got back to you yet...how long has it been? Maybe more emails aren't the best idea if he is dumb enough to feel antagonized. You might have to wait it out a little more.

• Members

And he hasn't got back to you yet...how long has it been? Maybe more emails aren't the best idea if he is dumb enough to feel antagonized. You might have to wait it out a little more.

+1

USPS Ground means he sent it Parcel Post or Media Mail, which are the two SLOWEST delivery services in the US. I swear they must intentionally delay all Parcel Post packages... I've had stuff mailed to me from 200 miles away take almost two weeks to get here by Parcel Post. :freak:

Archived