Overdrive Pedal

kamzan18

• Members

Ok guys, basically i'm trying to get a better rock/metal sound for my vox valvetronics 30 watt. Its cleans are pretty nice but the distortion seems really fuzzy and crappy to me. Any ideas on a good overdrive pedal for this one? Or are there better options?

• Members
Ok guys, basically i'm trying to get a better rock/metal sound for my vox valvetronics 30 watt. Its cleans are pretty nice but the distortion seems really fuzzy and crappy to me. Any ideas on a good overdrive pedal for this one? Or are there better options?

Tell you, My buddy has the same amp and puts a Barber direct drive through it, and it sounds very good.:thu:

• Members

alright I read a few reviews about it. Thanks for the advice guys, heh now I looked at a few sites that said they were selling it. Its not on musicians friend or guitar center so can one of you give me a reputable site that is selling it? I don't really wanna buy from e-bay 'cause it looks like people like to mod this certain pedal so I don't want one thats been changed around...

• Members
alright I read a few reviews about it. Thanks for the advice guys, heh now I looked at a few sites that said they were selling it. Its not on musicians friend or guitar center so can one of you give me a reputable site that is selling it? I don't really wanna buy from e-bay 'cause it looks like people like to mod this certain pedal so I don't want one thats been changed around...

Tonefactor.com..........Brad Fee, our own Unkleslam on the forum. shoot him a PM or call him twomorrow. Awesome to deal with!!
Aldo............:thu:

• Members

heh. alright I looked for Brad Fee, couldnt find him by that username on this site. Uhh and tonefactor is out of stock with those barber direct drives...heh can I get a link to brad or somethin?

Brad is the owner of Tonefactor. UnkleSlam is his username here and at tone factor.You can probably get to him quicker using his site but you need to sign up first.

• Members
heh. alright I looked for Brad Fee, couldnt find him by that username on this site. Uhh and tonefactor is out of stock with those barber direct drives...heh can I get a link to brad or somethin?

(337)-286-5893, he answers on the weekends. He get's stuff in from Dave all the time, and he is a nice guy who will help you with your tone needs. highly reccomended, and fast service. Sends candy with the order too!
Aldo..............:wave:

• Members

An overdrive pedal could work with the Valvetronix, but since it is not a true tube amp it will not really have any tubes to overdrive, and thus probably won't sound so great. I definitely recommend getting a distortion pedal over an overdrive for your situation. And as for distortion pedals - could you be more exact about what sort of tone you are looking for?

• Members
An overdrive pedal could work with the Valvetronix, but since it is not a true tube amp it will not really have any tubes to overdrive, and thus probably won't sound so great. I definitely recommend getting a distortion pedal over an overdrive for your situation. And as for distortion pedals - could you be more exact about what sort of tone you are looking for?

You are right, almost. I have played a DD through a Vox VT and it sounded very nice! I have played great pedals through great amps and not done well. The DD is a goodun for a "hybrid" amp!

• Members

Alright, I'll contact brad. Think he'd pick up now?

And to who asked about what i'm looking for in tone. I've got 2 dual bucker guitars so I'm mostly a rock kind of guy. Stuff like, Alice in Chains, Megadeth, Stone Temple Pilots, Aerosmith, Soundgarden...you know. Just heavier sounding stuff. Plus, the amp I have can't do pinch harmonics at all and I really wanna incorporate that into my playing. heh It just sounds too damn cool to miss out on :-)

• Members

Alright, I'll contact brad. Think he'd pick up now?

And to who asked about what i'm looking for in tone. I've got 2 dual bucker guitars so I'm mostly a rock kind of guy. Stuff like, Alice in Chains, Megadeth, Stone Temple Pilots, Aerosmith, Soundgarden...you know. Just heavier sounding stuff. Plus, the amp I have can't do pinch harmonics at all and I really wanna incorporate that into my playing. heh It just sounds too damn cool to miss out on :-)

The DD goes into Hot rodded Marshall ground or light boost or OD. very versatile. Brad has lil kids and may be in bed but I know he is a couple hours ahead of me PM him, or if it is 9:30 where you live call him. He is always willing to talk tone!

Aldo............

• Members

ah ok. thanks for all the help but heh I guess I won't wake him up guys. So direct drive eh? I see there's a 2005 model out for like 120 bucks and a newer one for like 160. Hopefully brad will be able to help me out a lil more. Man this is awesome, finally I might have distortion that doesn't sound like absolute {censored}. Hehehe :-)

• Members
ah ok. thanks for all the help but heh I guess I won't wake him up guys. So direct drive eh? I see there's a 2005 model out for like 120 bucks and a newer one for like 160. Hopefully brad will be able to help me out a lil more. Man this is awesome, finally I might have distortion that doesn't sound like absolute {censored}. Hehehe :-)

It' a monster, has a push/pull pot on the tone for added or less mids, also additional "east" internal trimmers for bottom end, presence etc. Very nasty but natural, and could be smooth as buttah, and cleans up at the guitar well.And is touch sensiive. U know like U send it back! can't lose!
Aldo.......:bor: tired almost bedtime, I am almost as old as GRINGO!:eek:

• Members

I used to have a DD...I liked it a ton...It had more gain than I needed though, so I traded it. That being said, my experience with the DD and Barber pedals in general (I've also had a Gainster and a Tone Press) was enough to make me get a LTD without even listening to it..I couldnt be happier with it. Anything Barber makes is "quality".

GRINGO

Archived