To Sell or Not to Sell - My Oasys

MFenkner

• Members

Sell it. There is no point in keeping a board that expensive if you can't use it. Meanwhile buy a real piano. They take some space but for 6K you can get a nice used baby grand that you'll enjoy playing and she'll enjoy looking at and, hopefully, listening to. You can buy that Oasys, if you'd still want it, in 3 or 4 years for prob about 3-4K.

• Members

Here's a thought, sell the Oasys now. Then buy the M3. Should be shipping in a month. Web sites already have it listed.

I agree with Stickgum

the M3 will not ship until June, earliest.

I also plan to wait a few months after that since the intro price seems too high

• Members

This is simple. You don't have time? Will you ever have time? Can you make time?

Keep one piece of gear, master it and get rid of the rest.

Really, unless you need an analog modular synth, play violin, or play live drums, you should be able to expressive yourself entirely within the limitations and possibilities that are the OASYS.

It is a beautifully crafted synth. You have everything INFRONT of you.

No cords, no computer, just great sounds. What more does a musician want?

Well.. we know the answer to that. GAS!!!

• Members

Hi Mark,
If your intention is to sell everything then restock what you really need quite some time later, then sell everything except for your favorite piece. Just keep in mind that in the interim, you are going to experience withdrawal symptoms....LOL, in which case you will have to seriously contend with severe G.A.S.
On the other hand, you know that the OASYS is still evolving. If you keep it, the next options should keep you busy for a while. I really don't see any huge price drop in the near future. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, the Triton Studio (or one of the Tritons), didn't see a decent reduction from the factory in its history. I expect this is going to be true for the OASYS. So, if you do sell it then regret your move, you'd have to count on a mint condition replacement at 2nd hand street price.
I'm sure you've already gone through these (and more) ruminations. Not an easy decision for sure.
Cheers,
Eric

• Members

Well, I called back the interested buyer and left him a message saying that I'm willing to sell. Hopefully he hasn't changed his mind, but if so maybe it's fate.

So if I sell the Oasys (with the MMV soon to follow), I want to slim down to a 61-key controller and a good audio interface for my MacBook Pro. I'll go the soft-synth route for a few years. Another possibility is getting a 61 key Electro, so I can still get an good organ and EP sound without having to connect my laptop.

Once I buy a new house, the first thing on my list will be a nice upright piano (a necessity for any home). Maybe later I'll get back into synths.

The tough part is getting rid of of my current keyboard stand and finding something smaller, with all the features I want. My current Quiklok stand is a monster, with all the attachments. I'd like to find a smaller stand with space for my computer and monitors. I guess that's a topic for a future thread.

Mark

• Members

It's not a matter of not having fun. I LOVE the Oasys, but I don't have much time to use it. It's like owning a Ferrari to drive to the grocery store once a week; a Hyundai would do the job instead. Soft synths will never replace the O, IMHO, but they could fit current needs.

Mark

Archived