Lymbyc Systym and Relay

desertlimosine

• Members

I played a show this weekend with these guys, and they both were amazing bands.

Lymbyc System were amazing instrumental, using keyboards, Fender Rhodes, electronic drums and acoustic drums. The keys had such a guitar sound to them sometimes, and the drummer was fantastic.

Relay Had an amazing shoegaze sound and the keys in that band were amazing.

Fun show.

Anyone else heard these bands before?

• Members

Lymbyc Systym was in town with the Albulm Leaf a while back and I was impressed with the amount of sound those boys could bang out. I also saw DeerHoof the other day, they had a crazy light windmill behind em controlled by a guy who looked like he could create frankenstein! The guitarist played thru a little Soldano amp and had some HUGE sounds pumping out!

• Members
Lymbyc Systym was in town with the Albulm Leaf a while back and I was impressed with the amount of sound those boys could bang out. I also saw DeerHoof the other day, they had a crazy light windmill behind em controlled by a guy who looked like he could create frankenstein! The guitarist played thru a little Soldano amp and had some HUGE sounds pumping out!

Yeah, totally impressed with the how huge they sounded. Beautiful!

light windmill!!!?:love:

• Members

"light windmill?"

yeah it looked at first like this huge ray-gun errrr cannon. then this mad scientist put on these three rods that looked like they had rope lights in them. They were red in the middle then yellow, green, blue, and white. he started it up with the music and it would pulse with the music. It proved to be very trippy! but watching this crazy carl guy dance and make a fool of himself was just as entertaining.

• Members

"light windmill?"

yeah it looked at first like this huge ray-gun errrr cannon. then this mad scientist put on these three rods that looked like they had rope lights in them. They were red in the middle then yellow, green, blue, and white. he started it up with the music and it would pulse with the music. It proved to be very trippy! but watching this crazy carl guy dance and make a fool of himself was just as entertaining.

Wow! sounds sweet!

• Members
I played a show this weekend with these guys, and they both were amazing bands.

Lymbyc System
were amazing instrumental, using keyboards, Fender Rhodes, electronic drums and acoustic drums. The keys had such a guitar sound to them sometimes, and the drummer was fantastic.

Relay
Had an amazing shoegaze sound and the keys in that band were amazing.

Fun show.

Anyone else heard these bands before?

wow. Lymbyc System is getting around!
i saw them in phoenix, where they're from, a few times. the first time they opened for Saxon Shore and blew SS's pale Mogwai copy away. the drummer is phenomenal. they're brothers, btw...jsut in case you needed to know. :wave:

• Members
wow. Lymbyc System is getting around!

i saw them in phoenix, where they're from, a few times. the first time they opened for Saxon Shore and blew SS's pale Mogwai copy away. the drummer is phenomenal. they're brothers, btw...jsut in case you needed to know.
:wave:

Yeah, very cool guys creating beautiful music. The drumming had me in awe the whole night. Incredible. :thu:
We hung out for a while after the show, and everyone was cool as hell.

• Members
Yeah, very cool guys creating beautiful music. The drumming had me in awe the whole night. Incredible.
:thu:
We hung out for a while after the show, and everyone was cool as hell.

Autumn Leaf should be opening for them, quite frankly.
the drummer is crazy talented. there one song that opens with a glockenspiel riff, then thedrums kick in but he keeps playing the riff while playing the drums!!! :eek:
but it's never show-offy.
and the keyboardist is great at full textures.

another good band from phoenix is ...And Guppies Eat Their Young.
http://www.andguppieseattheiryoung.com/

been around a long time, more of a Galaxie 500 type thing. bits of SY too. :thu:

• Members
Autumn Leaf should be opening for them, quite frankly.

the drummer is crazy talented. there one song that opens with a glockenspiel riff, then thedrums kick in but he keeps playing the riff while playing the drums!!!
:eek:
but it's never show-offy.

and the keyboardist is great at full textures.

another good band from phoenix is ...And Guppies Eat Their Young.

http://www.andguppieseattheiryoung.com/

been around a long time, more of a Galaxie 500 type thing. bits of SY too.
:thu:

the keyboard textures were enveloping, just so beautiful :love:

I'll check out some of that "...And Guppies Eat Their Young" tonight.
thanks!

• Members

"light windmill?"

Was it this thing?

http://krs5rc.com/deerhoof/ecard/justmusic.php

Archived