I'm torn...

• Members

Buy the Epiphone Valve Junior now, or save up (I've never managed to save for anything in my life :cry: ) for something higher end and more versatile. I wish I lived in America. I think we pay well over the odds for a good amp in Britain, as we do with most things.

Help! :confused:

• Members

the valve jnr amps are great and cheap.

but if you want a proper amp thats versatile, have a look at marshall, sounds odd but you get much better value for money than buying say a fender...

and marshall do do some good amps, just be carefull. also take a look on the bay

• Members

the valve jnr amps are great and cheap.

but if you want a proper amp thats versatile, have a look at marshall, sounds odd but you get much better value for money than buying say a fender...

and marshall do do some good amps, just be carefull. also take a look on the bay

What would you recommend Marshall wise? Just looking for something that will take pedals well, has a nice clean, but will break up nicely when pushed...

• Members
Buy the Epiphone Valve Junior now, or save up (I've never managed to save for anything in my life
:cry:
) for something higher end and more versatile. I wish I lived in America. I think we pay well over the odds for a good amp in Britain, as we do with most things.

Help!
:confused:

Apart from marshall and orange, arguably the 2 best amp makers there is.

Try a bluesbraker.

• Members
What would you recommend Marshall wise? Just looking for something that will take pedals well, has a nice clean, but will break up nicely when pushed...

Get a Master Volume, model# 2203 Marshall! The old JMP's are so hot. :thu:

EDIT: oh, I'm sorry, you're on a budget. Well, in that case, get a used Peavey Classic 30- it gets a nice, marshall-ish crunch, and a good clean sound. It really lets the characteristics of whatever guitar you plug into it shine through. I just upgraded the tubes, and now it sounds even better.

• Members

that sounds like a JTM45 to me or maybe even a 1987X if you need something louder, of course both of those are heads....

ive your looking for a combo then a really cant recommend the bluesbreaker combo enough, great amp.
it may be expensive but just look at what the yanks are paying for it! :eek:

the vox AC15 was a good suggestion too, not sure how good value they are these days since moving to china. but i dont think they are too much.

there are of course still a lot of second hand marshall combos of the JCM800/JCM900 hanging around on the market.
ive not really enough knowledge of these to recommend anything.

the other option is dare i say it, laney.
i know nothing about them except they are pretty cheap here.

also check out the cornell romany, really really sweet amp made in england.

however all of these are significantly more expensive than the epi, but also significantly better sounding imo.

• Members
that sounds like a JTM45 to me or maybe even a 1987X if you need something louder, of course both of those are heads....

ive your looking for a combo then a really cant recommend the bluesbreaker combo enough, great amp.

it may be expensive but just look at what the yanks are paying for it!
:eek:

the vox AC15 was a good suggestion too, not sure how good value they are these days since moving to china. but i dont think they are too much.

there are of course still a lot of second hand marshall combos of the JCM800/JCM900 hanging around on the market.

ive not really enough knowledge of these to recommend anything.

the other option is dare i say it, laney.

i know nothing about them except they are pretty cheap here.

also check out the cornell romany, really really sweet amp made in england.

however all of these are significantly more expensive than the epi, but also significantly better sounding imo.

Thanks for all that. Yeah, I'm thinking about a Laney VC15. Apparently, they've had some rave reviews. Am checking out the others...

Archived