Need help with sound card BS...

• Members

Last week I had to wipe and reinstall windows on my comp due to a crash. Everything is working fine, and fortunately I had my drive partitioned so I didn't lose all my important files, music, and naked ladies.

However, since I've reinstalled I can't get monitored playback of my POD that I ran through the soundcard. Before, I could plug my POD into the sound card mic/line in and listen to it on my headphones that are run out of the headphone out of the soundcard.

Now, the only time I can hear what I'm playing is if I play while recording with a recording program using the "monitoring" setting, and I get latency. Before I could hear real time playing whether I had a recording program running or not.

I've tried adjusting all the volume levels for the soundcard inputs with no results at all.

WTF is going on here?

• Members
Simple stuff first.

Plugged in right?

Didn't hit anything when monkeying around in the insides?

Have you updated the driver?

Checked muting settings in general mixer?

The card is a Creative Soundblaster. Ancient by technology standards (prob, late 90's/early 2000's)

Nothing's muted, everything's plugged in, nothing wrong inside.

Where the hell would I find drivers for an ancient ass soundcard like this? I never bought it new, but pulled it out of a trashed computer, but its always worked fine with my current machine until the reinstall of windows...:freak:

• Members
The card is a Creative Soundblaster. Ancient by technology standards (prob, late 90's/early 2000's)

Nothing's muted, everything's plugged in, nothing wrong inside.

Where the hell would I find drivers for an ancient ass soundcard like this? I never bought it new, but pulled it out of a trashed computer, but its always worked fine with my current machine until the reinstall of windows...
:freak:

Update: Its a Sound Blaster 128, and I've found a driver on Creative's site, downloading now...hopefully this will fix it.

The weird thing is that I never downloaded this driver before, but it always worked flawlessly in my computer before. :freak:

Archived