What's a good substitute for the Fulldrive 2?

TJ000

• Members

I have the fulltone fulldrive 2 and I think it sounds great...suits me really well...but I never use the extra boost section and figure I could save some pedalboard space and fit something new in if I go to a smaller overdrive...any suggestions? I also have the Fulltone OCD (which is also great) but I like the fulldrive's lighter/medium gain tones...

thanks!

tj

• Members

I have the fulltone fulldrive 2 and I think it sounds great...suits me really well...but I never use the extra boost section and figure I could save some pedalboard space and fit something new in if I go to a smaller overdrive...any suggestions? I also have the Fulltone OCD (which is also great) but I like the fulldrive's lighter/medium gain tones...

thanks!

tj

Eternity

• Members

fulldrive has it's own voicing and i haven't heard a copy yet. maybe a keeley tube screamer plexi or another od that has a little more gain on tap.

what the hell are you talking about

the fulldrive is a {censored}ing tubescreamer clone

it's common knowledge

geez talk about a tin ear

• Members
what the hell are you talking about the fulldrive is a {censored}ing tubescreamer clone it's common knowledge geez talk about a tin ear

Not really! It's success is built around it's uniqueness. The FullDrive2s gain boosts is it's innovation. Each of our opinions revolve around the same truth yet some never see anything tweaked as different, it's all a clone to them. :)

• Members

what the hell are you talking about

the fulldrive is a {censored}ing tubescreamer clone

it's common knowledge

geez talk about a tin ear

have you ever played or owned either??? They don't sound the same i assure you. the only similarity in my book is the amount of gain they have for an od. make the 23rd post of yours a picture of you hanging yourself.

• Members
have you ever played or owned either??? They don't sound the same i assure you. the only similarity in my book is the amount of gain they have for an od. make the 23rd post of yours a picture of you hanging yourself.

It's been stated many times that a Fulldrive is a souped up tubescreamer. :confused:

• Members

I do own one, and I CAN tell you that it sounds EXACTLY like a tube screamer, complete with compressed sound and muddiness intact. It's a tube screamer in a different box, and a switch that lets you change between two gain knobs basically. If you want the same but smaller, get a TS9.

• Members

I do own one, and I CAN tell you that it sounds EXACTLY like a tube screamer, complete with compressed sound and muddiness intact. It's a tube screamer in a different box, and a switch that lets you change between two gain knobs basically. If you want the same but smaller, get a TS9.

I agree 100%, until that last sentence.

About 90% or more of all ODs are TS clones, including the Fulldrive, no matter what your ears are telling you. But I would say, if you want the same but smaller, get an MI Audio Blue Boy Deluxe. It's the best sounding TS clone in my opinion, it's the most versatile, it's in the smallest box you can get and you can buy one used for around $100 on ebay. How can you lose. And no, I don't work for MI Audio, I just wish I did.

• Members

Sorry, I've never heard a Blue Boy, so I can't say one way or another. If it sounds as good, and has true bypass, then it's probably a better bet than a TS9, since the TS9 still as the bad transitor bypass. And at $100, it's probably a good deal.

Archived