protection for the pedal knobs that are moving?

J.Paul

• Members

I've been knee deep in pedalboard world the past couple of months...(kind of a new thing for me).

Is there something on the market or something that anyone here uses to keep the knobs from accidentally turning on the pedals?Perhaps a plastic cover or lid that goes on top????

I've considered removing the plastic knobs leaving only the metal stubs, but thought I would get some feedback here first.....

• Members

Are you talking about the knobs moving while playing or while transporting? If transporting, a good foam-lined case goes a long way, and I always make sure to check my settings while setting up--just goes with the territory.

Playing? Keep your big honkin' feet under control!

:)

The only problems I've ever had while playing were with MXR pedals. The Output knob on the Distortion+ NEEDS to be taped down...

• Members

Another tip is to take the knobs off and add a small piece of some surgical tubing on the shaft and put the knobs back on. This should create enough friction to keep the knobs from accidentally moving, but you can still change your settings if need be.

• Members

mainly during transport.

my pedalboard has two levels, the top level has controllers (loops, volumes, etc.)

underneath, the bottom level has the actual pedals and AC power.

Since there are so many connection cords and ac cords, sometimes a knob can get moved during travel or if I lift the lid to access the bottom level (to change a setting)a knob can inadvertently get moved.

• Members

Another tip is to take the knobs off and add a small piece of some surgical tubing on the shaft and put the knobs back on. This should create enough friction to keep the knobs from accidentally moving, but you can still change your settings if need be.

that's worth a shot.

anyone else??

• Members

what about using some white out to mark your the knob placement on your pedals and doing a quick check right before you play?

That's where I'm at now.Everything is already marked with tape....just tryin' to bump into the next level.....

Archived