Proco Rat Thread

BTBAM

• Members

I have a Rat II-pre '03 with the lm308n chip. I use it with my amp's overdrive for more gain/grit. It's got more grit/fuzziness than my Direct Drive, but I use the DD more for Marshally tones and the Rat for ruder sounds-can work as a fuzz for Hendrix type stuff-doesn't mud out like a germ fuzz face can-it's different but can cover some of the same ground.

• Members

i have a rat 2. i run the distortion at 1 o'clock, filter at 3 o'clock, and volume at 3 o'clock.

i also have a brat. you can almost get the identical tone using the reverse settings on the tone and distortion knobs. i don;t think it would stand up to the abuse i would put it through since it only has a plastic switch.

• Members

I prefer the big box Vintage Rat reissue over the others, but I'll bet that early Rat 2 with the lm308 chip sounds pretty sweet. I had a Deucetone for awhile and it was really great. I only sold it because I just got an FKR. Someone over at TGP is selling a Keeley modified vintage Rat 2 for $120 right now. If I wasn't set with that tone I'd be all over it.

• Members

I have a question about the switch on mine-it's the pre-'03 Rat II like I said earlier, but someone said those aren't true bypass because of the led-it doesn't click like mechanical tb switches-it's more electronic, but when I take out the battery it still works when bypassed. When I switch it on there's no signal. So wouldn't that make it true bypass?

Archived