Planetwaves tuner users ? here

vrm

• Members

I recently purchased said product and now it produces a hum through my amp in bypass mode when I'm tuning. Has anyone experienced this? It only hums when the actual lights are on showing the note your tuning to. When the light goes out it's fine. I'll probably just exchange it as the girl that works the counter is cute and it gives me a reason to visit.

• Members

I have been in touch with Planet Waves about this. It is the filtering on the tuner and the noise is caused by the strobe led's apparently.

The new 'fixed' ones are unlikely to be available for around 3 month's.

Suggested fixes were:

Use it's own adapter, no daisy-chaining

Use a battery (I couldnt even see a battery compartment?).

Buy a Powerpack with isolated outputs because it's the fault of your other pedals filtering (!).

My Fix:

I bough a Korg DT-10!

• Members

I use the planet waves tuner pedal, its in a daisy chain, its the last pedal in my chain. Its silent, brilliant and shiny.

All I can say is that your lucky and it's prob more to do with the other pedals on the daisy chain. Line 6 were very helpful and acknowledged there was a problem BUT did pass the buck onto it being the fault of the filtering on other pedals being used.

I'm suprised the pedal was able to hit the market with a fault like that, seems like poor compatability testing.

Archived