Took the Boss FBM-1 back and got a MXR Dist.3 and a BBE Green Screamer!

• Members

wait

how did the fender pedal suck

did it even sound like a t00b amp?

It did sound like a tube amp.....problem is that it sounded like a tube amp that needed to be pushed with an overdrive, but if you push the pedal with another OD/boost you get noise and transistor clipping distortion:mad: Bad idea......save your money............the MXR Distortion III is great and the BBE Green Screamer is a great TS-9 clone:wave:

• Members

It did sound like a tube amp.....problem is that it sounded like a tube amp that needed to be pushed with an overdrive, but if you push the pedal with another OD/boost you get noise and transistor clipping distortion:mad: Bad idea......save your money............the MXR Distortion III is great and the BBE Green Screamer is a great TS-9 clone:wave:

did it have the same distortion dynamics as a tube amp? even on its own

• Members

It did sound like a tube amp.....problem is that it sounded like a tube amp that needed to be pushed with an overdrive, but if you push the pedal with another OD/boost you get noise and transistor clipping distortion:mad: Bad idea......save your money............

That's good to know. I've been wondering if I could run my pedalboard into one of those and then run that into something like the Behringer DI with cabinet emulation to go direct to the board. Sounds like a big NO.

Archived