capacitor substitution box

thebrownkey

• Members

anyone ever use these to try out different cap'values when working with pedals/guitars/pots?

i got one yesterday and its got alot of settings on the rotor knob that lets you select different caps. not sure whats its primarily used for - im guessing quite alot of things

anyway, i also picked up a resistance substitution box.

i opened up the cap'box to check and sure enough theres a crapload of caps in there (duh) one for each setting

• Members

That's a cool little thing, would go a long way with a big muff.

yeah ive got lots of things id like to try it with.

ive wanted to experiment with caps on 1 of my strats thats pretty picky, as well as mess with a wah

im sure ill put it to good use

• Members

I've been playing with something similar but for diodes. Where I work we have a nice big electronics lab, so I've knocked up a TS clone and a varial dial with about eight pairs of clipping diodes on it. Great for messing around with, but not very practical unless i put it into a box, and I'm too lazy for that !!

• Members

Is that any different from a rotary switch with caps on it? A la tweak fuzz or that tweakable crybaby?

same thing pretty much but theres alot more caps to choose from, and i cant wait to start playing with it when swapping pickups and stuff in one of my picky strats

i forget how many is on the one i have at home, but its quite a few

Archived