Any Love For The BF-3 Flanger?

Lt_Core

• Members

I'm looking at getting a mint condition BF-3 for $50. I already have a Dano Hash Browns and I don't care for it.

I want a very obvious flange sound so when I use the pedal it's not buried by the amp.

The BF-3 has some new modes, including Momentary which supposedly gives you instant flange sound without waiting for it to cycle through to get to the effect.

I've been tempted by the Polychorus or Electric Mistress as well but those are higher priced pedals that might be overkill for an effect that I would only use once in awhile. Thoughts? Thanks!

• Members

for that price I don't think you can go wrong. Especially, if you're only going to use it once in a while. You can fake a tremolo sound out of it in 'gate' mode with the speed and depth rolled way up. Also, turbo mode is decent to add a little zing to your sound...use sparingly.

• Members

for that price I don't think you can go wrong. Especially, if you're only going to use it once in a while. You can fake a tremolo sound out of it in 'gate' mode with the speed and depth rolled way up. Also, turbo mode is decent to add a little zing to your sound...use sparingly.

Gate mode does sound cool. I would never run it in stereo though so Pan would be worthless to me.

I have a tremolo pedal that I use sparingly, as well. Effects like this have more impact when used here and there, IMHO.

Since there is no level knob I hope it can cut through on my gear. How well does the BF-3 work on palm-muted chords, like a flange build-up to a chorus or something like that?

• Members

I love the Boss Hi-Band Flanger, says me, the digital modulation hater. It's a very transparent pedal, no matter how intense you make the effect. It only affects the high frequencies in your signal so your playing never gets buried in warble. I loved it! I sold mine only because I kicked it on about once a set. For my broke ass, it was not worth it to keep it.

• Members

Angelhair, it sounds like he doesn't want a transparent flanger. (I love the Hi-Band, too)

Lt Core, have you put the Flanger in the effects loop? Almost any flanger gets over the top for me in the loop. The BF-3 might do it for you, very obvious effect.

• Members

that pedal is worth MORE than a 100$ dollars dude get it stupid

its ok flanger way better than the hash brown in my opinion just not as simple

look up the reviews

Not really, they go for about $60 used on ebay. It's okay, it's not terrible, but not great either.

• Members

I love the Boss Hi-Band Flanger, says me, the digital modulation hater. It's a very transparent pedal, no matter how intense you make the effect. It only affects the high frequencies in your signal so your playing never gets buried in warble. I loved it! I sold mine only because I kicked it on about once a set. For my broke ass, it was not worth it to keep it.

Shorter delay time on that one, I'm guessing. I modified my electric mistress so I can get a very short delay time, and the sweep is very up in the high frequencies, no chorusy detuning. It works a bit better for more modern sounding music. Longer delay times are better for The Cure & The Police and such.

• Members

Shorter delay time on that one, I'm guessing. I modified my electric mistress so I can get a very short delay time, and the sweep is very up in the high frequencies, no chorusy detuning. It works a bit better for more modern sounding music. Longer delay times are better for The Cure & The Police and such.

Oh! This sounds interesting. I'd love to hear it. You have clips of this?

Archived