What settings did Cobain use?

Kyle_64

• Members

I'm not sure about that. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of his gear was secured from pawn shops, picked up principally because that's what they had available, not because of any conscious choice about tone on his part. And he used to smash it up at the end of a gig. Sure there were things he liked - Mustangs, Jaguars,
Duncan JB
in the the bridge position etc, but I don't think that equates to being serious about tone. In fact he makes many statements to the contrary in the Live Tonight DVD.

fixed

• Members

I would say (the best songs, not necessarily the best compositions, you know?):

Bleach: Blew and About a Girl

Nevermind: In Bloom (their finest) and Lithium (I could mention Come as You Are here, too, but since it has the first riff I learnt, some 11 years ago, my opinion is kinda biased)

In Utero: Serve The Servants (it sounds to me so much like a beatles song) and Dumb.

share your favorites, please!

i think there are more than 2 greats per album, so here goes:

bleach: blew, school, negative creep, big cheese

nevermind: in bloom, lithium, drain you, lounge act

if incesticide counts: dive, stain, mexican seafood, hairspray queen, *ahem* aero zeppelin, aneurysm

in utero: scentless apprentice, heart shaped box, dumb, very ape, milk it, radio friendly..., all apologies

honorable mentions for non-lp tracks: oh, the guilt, moist vagina, sappy, i hate myself and wanna die.

Archived