What would you add to this board?

• Members

Making a new board. Selling some of the cheap {censored}e that I rushed to buy last time out just so I could have loads of effects. This time round I'm doing it properly, saving up slowly, buying quality and only pedals I think will be useful to me. Current lineup is:

Korg DT10 Tuner

2 Boss Blues Drivers (Which I maybe plan to mod)

Little Big Muff

Marshall Regenerator (Does phase, flange, chorus, uni-vibe)

Boss TR-2

Volume Pedal

Boss DD-20

I have a few ideas as to what I may like to do. Another delay perhaps - preferably an analogue one. Maybe a compressor - unsure yet. And maybe a wah, although from prior experiences with wah's, my patience with them has run short, so it would have to be a pretty special pedal.

So, what would you guys add?

• Members

Have you tried a Fuzz Face style pedal with your Tele? Have you tried any Analog Delays? Are you happy with the modulation effects from that Marshal multi unit? Would you want to run any of the modulation effects separatly, together or in a different order?

• Members

Have you tried a Fuzz Face style pedal with your Tele? Have you tried any Analog Delays? Are you happy with the modulation effects from that Marshal multi unit? Would you want to run any of the modulation effects separatly, together or in a different order?

I've not tried a fuzz face style pedal. I feel I do have enough dirt however. I've not tried any analogue delays - none on the high street round here, although the DMM and the Boss DM2 or 3 take my fancy. The effects in the marshall multi are average, but that's okay for me, I rarely use modulation.

• Members

reverb?

Reverb is one I'm sort of half interested in. I've made an okayish reverb patch on my dd-20 and I have amp reverb. I'm not really an ambient sort of player, so don't need swells and all that sort of stuff. Still, Reverb is a tempter...

• Members

Tons of options, but in terms of bang for buck, I'd personally opt to get a cheap keyboard sustain pedal so that you can do tap tempo and switch presets on the DD-20 easier.

Do you have an issue with that then? I've read other people who have aswell. I've never had a problem just using the pedal...

• Members

Do you have an issue with that then? I've read other people who have aswell. I've never had a problem just using the pedal...

It's really more for live use. They way I set mine up, I like to be able to instantly do tap tempo or switch presets, depending on the situation. In its stock form, I haven't found a way for the pedal to do this, but it might not be a big deal to you.

• Members

It's really more for live use. They way I set mine up, I like to be able to instantly do tap tempo or switch presets, depending on the situation. In its stock form, I haven't found a way for the pedal to do this, but it might not be a big deal to you.

Ah I see what you mean now - you mean when you have to hold for a couple of seconds to switch from preset mode to tap tempo mode. Not a major issue for me as I hardly use tap tempo, but yeah I get why that would be a problem...

• Members

What kind of amp are you using, and why 2 blues drivers? (not knocking them, I have one myself)

My idea behind 2 blues drivers is to keep my tone consistent whether it be high gain or low gain. I may be in a minority, but I really dig the tone of the blues driver, even stock. I've had boards before with 4 or 5 different dirt pedals, but every time I switched from one to the other, I sounded like a different guitarist, which I don't like. So, I will have one set to high gain, one low and then I can also stack 'em for distortion...

• Members

Ah I see what you mean now - you mean when you have to hold for a couple of seconds to switch from preset mode to tap tempo mode. Not a major issue for me as I hardly use tap tempo, but yeah I get why that would be a problem...

Cool, in that case, I agree with YourHerodDGC: nothing. That's a pretty neat setup. What types of sounds are you interested in adding?

• Members

Cool, in that case, I agree with YourHerodDGC: nothing. That's a pretty neat setup. What types of sounds are you interested in adding?

Maybe just an analogue delay for self-oscillation and other wierd {censored}. And I think I would miss wah aswell. But I know 80% of wah's out there would piss me off, so I would have to chose very carefully...

• Members

Maybe just an analogue delay for self-oscillation and other wierd {censored}. And I think I would miss wah aswell. But I know 80% of wah's out there would piss me off, so I would have to chose very carefully...

Well, if real estate and price are not issues, then the DMM might be a good choice, as it's several effects in one and sounds gorgeous. People seem to tout the Ibanez DE-7 for doing a very convincing analog-ish tone with nice self-oscillation and longer delay times.

I'm not a huge wah fan at the moment, but have you considered getting an envelope filter? I love my Maxon AF-9, and you can get some really cool sounds out of it (for example, running the TR-2 into it).

• Members

Well, if real estate and price are not issues, then the DMM might be a good choice, as it's several effects in one and sounds gorgeous. People seem to tout the Ibanez DE-7 for doing a very convincing analog-ish tone with nice self-oscillation and longer delay times.

I'm not a huge wah fan at the moment, but have you considered getting an envelope filter? I love my Maxon AF-9, and you can get some really cool sounds out of it (for example, running the TR-2 into it).

Yeah, the DMM is definately the one on my shortlist. Just a legendary pedal! As for envelope filters - not really my thing, but thanks for the suggestion...

Archived