need help with finding classic keys sound.

• Members

I own a korg x3 and alesis qs7.1 and I've searched through the hundreds of patches I have for these keys and can't find one that closely resembles the keybord sound from the 80's song "High On You" by Survivor. From the song video on youtube it looks like he's playing a yamaha dx7. Any ideas where I can get a sound patch resembling the one in this song that I can use in either of my keys, or the next best option? thanks in advance.

Guest Anonymous

I own a korg x3 and alesis qs7.1 and I've searched through the hundreds of patches I have for these keys and can't find one that closely resembles the keybord sound from the 80's song "High On You" by Survivor. From the song video on youtube it looks like he's playing a yamaha dx7. Any ideas where I can get a sound patch resembling the one in this song that I can use in either of my keys, or the next best option? thanks in advance.

Do you have a link for that video? Have you tried to edit any of the patches on the Alesis?

• Members

I don't know many specifics about the 'board, but I'd think that the Korg x3 could nail that sound pretty well. Layering might be your key to success. We play that song also, and I ended up layering the "Warm Elec. Grand" patch with a straightforward polysynth sound on my Korg TR and it sounds great. Experimentation is always your best bet!

• Members

no, I don't have a link but if you go to youtube.com and type in "high on you survivor" it will be the second clip (4:09). About 3:45 into the song you can see the dx7. As for editing patches...I don't have the know-how or the time to learn. thanks for the inquiry!

Do you have a link for that video? Have you tried to edit any of the patches on the Alesis?

• Members

yes, the best I can do at this point is layer a couple of patches from the korg. It's not as close as I'd like but will suffice if nothing better comes along. kind of a neat little song isnt it? thanks for the support!

I don't know many specifics about the 'board, but I'd think that the Korg x3 could nail that sound pretty well. Layering might be your key to success. We play that song also, and I ended up layering the "Warm Elec. Grand" patch with a straightforward polysynth sound on my Korg TR and it sounds great. Experimentation is always your best bet!

Archived