True bypass looper recommendations needed please

• Members

I was looking over the Radial engineering Loopbone vs their Big Shot Loop. Does anyone have any insight on why there is such a huge disparity in the price of these two different lines from the same company?

What other recommendations can you steer me towards for a TB EFX loop?

I run a pretty simple board but want to get everything and everything that does such tone out of the way. Even if it is just one pedal...

• Members
I was looking over the Radial engineering Loopbone vs their Big Shot Loop. Does anyone have any insight on why there is such a huge disparity in the price of these two different lines from the same company?

What other recommendations can you steer me towards for a TB EFX loop?

I run a pretty simple board but want to get everything and everything that does such tone out of the way. Even if it is just one pedal...

:thu:http://www.axess-electronics.com/

grx4_lo.png

cfx4_lo.png

• Members

Thanks Zachman. I know Axess makes great stuff but that is a little over my head right-with the MIDI requirement and all. I'm looking for something I can step on from my board that won't require me to take on a whole bunc of new technology. I really want to keep my rig as simple as possible.

• Members
Thanks Zachman. I know Axess makes great stuff but that is a little over my head right-with the MIDI requirement and all. I'm looking for something I can step on from my board that won't require me to take on a whole bunc of new technology. I really want to keep my rig as simple as possible.

I hear you... Best of luck with your search. :thu:

• Members

See if you can borrow a looper from someone first. If you run only a couple of pedals I really doubt you're going to notice anything at all when they're not active. I run through a couple of buffered pedals and I seriously can't tell the difference in any situation. I can only hear a slight loss when my Whammy is in the chain. To be honest, i don't have a looper, so I did my A/B by switching cables so it wasn't a perfect test, but still.

As I'm gradually adding effects I'm more interested in moving to the MIDI switching option, so I can do multiple effect changes at once.

YMMV though, but I still reckon you should try one out, or at least do the crappy A/B test that I did, to see if there's anything noticeable.

Archived