Dwelling on Reverb

ianshaw

• Members

After toying with a reverb equipped amp I've decided I MUST add verb to my board (neither of my amps have verb).

Before a comptuer upgrade, I think I had a URL bookmarked of a manufacturer who had a tube reverb unit that could be built into the amp. I recall it being a small white box with one tube. It wasn't the Little Laneli or Vanamps. I actually recall it getting connected into the circuitry of the amp so it wasn't "another pedal." Anybody have any idea what I'm talking about?

In terms of space I know I don't want to do a full reverb unit.

Pedalwise - if I was going cheap, I'd probably do the Behreinger (sp) over the Dano Mini because of the stereo routing.

Midrange, the boss over the digitech or Electro Harmonix again because of the stereo routing (although I know there's a lot of EHX Love here and could perhaps be swayed).

High end ... if I'm not adding it into the amp itself . . . haven't really decided yet. But suspect this may be a case of buying the less expenseive now and doing it right later on.

Thoughts?

Ian

• Members

Sounds like you're talking about the Area 51 BMT-60 Tremolo unit...it's white, has one tube, and mounts inside the amp... I'd be interested in a similar reverb unit you are describing, though!!

Check out the Dr. Scientist Reverb pedal...that looks/sounds very nice to me! The price seems just about right, too!

• Members

Check out the Dr. Scientist Reverb pedal...that looks/sounds very nice to me! The price seems just about right, too!

Thanks for the suggestion. Once I get over the $100 price point of a (used) Boss RV-5, I think I'd insist on stereo verb since I have a stereo amp set up (with two reverbless amps). If I'm spending less than $100 (i.e. - if I decide the holy grail is just that much better than the RV-5) I might forsake stereo. But there are enough stereo options in the >$100 that I think I'll be picky. :)

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Ian

• Members

Check out the Line 6 Verbzilla also.

Oh - yeah - it can do stereo too, can't it? I'm out of space (real estate and power supply) on the current board, so If I'm pulling stuff, I think it'll be the Boss Chorus that goes. I know the Boss Verb (or the Beheringer clone) would fit in that slot while the EHX wouldn't. Would the Line 6?

Thanks!

Ian

• Members
Oh - yeah - it can do stereo too, can't it? I'm out of space (real estate and power supply) on the current board, so If I'm pulling stuff, I think it'll be the Boss Chorus that goes. I know the Boss Verb (or the Beheringer clone) would fit in that slot while the EHX wouldn't. Would the Line 6?

Thanks!

Ian

They're not much bigger than a Boss enclosure really, here's a shot for comparison to other pedal sizes on somebody's board:ahoff_pedalbrett_5949.jpgI'm sure you could make it fit. And it can do stereo.

Archived