Are Silversun Pickups the new Smashing Pumpkins

• Members
No. The Smashing Pumpkins are the new Smashing Pumpkins.

:rolleyes:

No chance, Corgan has lost it, never writen much decent stuff since Melon Collie, all that Machina, Adore and Zwan was, well, bollocks.

Even the reformed pumpkins will not be very good I reckon (although I hope they will be {censored} hot).

• Members

Dan you going to see them at Reading Fest?

Unfortunately not, getting married that weekend (doh !!). Would love to see them though, saw the SP 4 time (iirc) from 92-95, awesome, superb band, without a doubt that band that made me want to play music back in the early 90's....

• Members

Woudl be good, but I can see me getting into a load of both.

What's that chance of actually remebring to turn up ? After 48hrs lashing it up on the campsite, getting your brain melted by a load of metal bands and chundering your guts several times on those dodgy burgers! ! :D

I think the upcoming few weeks of stag nonscene will outshine that but keep me level headed for the day !!

• Members

While I dig the Silversun Pickups, quite alot actually, I don't think there is really any reason to compare them style-wise.

Early SP had that aggressive manic rocking groovyness, which made them so cool at the time. Silversun PUs are way more mellow and pop, in a good way though.

Archived