I will pay you to rehouse 2 pedals

lyyky

• Members

Hello all,

I've tried emailing a few professional modders about this, but no luck. So, here goes to the forum:

I love my Ibanez TS-5 and FZ7, but the switches suck and I would like them to have true-bypass 3PDT switches. They also could use better jacks, and anything else that would help them last a long time and work every time. Basically, I picture them in MXR Dist+ sized boxes. I've looked into the DIY world, but I have little interest in doing the work myself.

Can anyone here perform this work for me? I would, of course, pay well for the service.

Please let me know if you can do it, if you've rehoused pedals before, and how much you would like to be paid.

• Members

Thanks for the reply!

I just need them in the smallest boxes possible. They can certainly be the same size they are now, or even a bit bigger.

Or, the two can be put into one enclosure...that would be really cool!

• Members

Thanks for the reply!

I just need them in the smallest boxes possible. They can certainly be the same size they are now, or even a bit bigger.

Or, the two can be put into one enclosure...that would be really cool!

That could be done I'm sure. Good luck with it! :)

• Members

I might be interested in a ts-5 rehouse myself-crappy switch but great sounding pedal.

I'm with you, surfcat. I know I could get a TS-9 or TS-808 or boutique clone or whatever (in other words, I could "upgrade"), but I love my TS-5, I know which settings work for me, and I can't see myself being happier with a screamer.

So, now someone has two potential clients... any takers?

• Members

I'm seriously considering entering the modder's business, but being 18, having little-to-no free time as a double Music major at a hard-as-hell unversity, I'm afraid. Plus, I've got several other opportunities going on.

Fair price?

Two enclosures = around $20.

Two 3PDT switches = around $10-12.

Labor = around 3-4 hours of specialized labor

4 Jacks = Around 2 dollars.

2 LEDs = about a buck.

Any paintjobs would also be extra.

The only problem I foresee is getting around the switching buffer of those blasted things. I've never attempted to get around those, but I have plenty experience rehousing, as well as housing my DIY creations. The issue is whether I'm going to make enough money for it to be worth my time, considering I'm applying as a trucker to several carrier groups, my dad wants me to work on the the house this summer for 10 bucks an hour, and I run an eBay store.

Credibility? Here's two of my favorite projects I've done:

DIY blender loop. based on the moosapotamus circuit.

IMG_0573.jpg

DIY delay, delay time controlled by treadle. Several mods done to the Tonepad Rebote 2.5 Delay.

jp8photos007.jpg

So the bottom line...I can do it. But I'd have to charge quite a bit of $$$ to make it worth my time.

Archived