POD XT

EzzO)))

• Members

I was wondering if it would be possible run a pair of powered monitors off the outputs of the line 6 pod xt? I'll be grabbing one pretty soon and I know I can run the monitors off my digital 8 track with POD XT acting as pre-amp or an external effects unit. But can I by pass the recorder and hook monitors straight into the pod for bedroom practicing purposes?

• Members

I was wondering if it would be possible run a pair of powered monitors off the outputs of the line 6 pod xt? I'll be grabbing one pretty soon and I know I can run the monitors off my digital 8 track with POD XT acting as pre-amp or an external effects unit. But can I by pass the recorder and hook monitors straight into the pod for bedroom practicing purposes?

Are you talking about studio monitors? If you are, I'm sure it will work but they should have a flat response-meaning I don't it will sound very good for playing guitar.

• Members
Are you talking about studio monitors? If you are, I'm sure it will work but they should have a flat response-meaning I don't it will sound very good for playing guitar.

Thats true with most guitar gear, not so much with modelers provided that he uses the proper output settings on the POD and uses the speaker emulations. I run my XTL though some KRK monitors and it sounds great. :cool:

• Members

I've heard they aren't the best for running as an effects unit in front of an amp live. I want to use mainly as pre-amp for recording guitar into my tascam DP01. I was using the line out on my Vox AD30VT but the clean leaves something to be desired and a few of the effects are pretty useless. Also I rented PXT a few months ago and some and it reacted very well to some old synths I have. I just wasn't sure if the line outs on the PXT would be compatible with powered studio monitors

Archived