Boss Loop Station

Knottyhed

• Members

I also have a question about these.... how the hell do you work them? Do you need to buy other pedals to get them working or what, because it's gotta be impossible to record loops, stop recording, and stop playing the loops, all with one pedal.

Sorry to hijack the thread....

• Members

I have RC20xl loop station and I absolutely love it. Am thinking of getting an RC50 as it's a bit more versatile but I do like it a lot. If you're planning on using a mic with it, it might be worth looking at the Digitech Jamman as it has an XLR input for the microphone... Just my opinion though. Putting a mic through the RC20xl is usually fine but sometimes muddies the sound a bit - probably the jack input. Works fine for guitar.

The Akai Headrush is quite nice for short guitar loops. Has a nice sound and doubles up as a rather good delay pedal as well.

• Members

I also have a question about these.... how the hell do you work them? Do you need to buy other pedals to get them working or what, because it's gotta be impossible to record loops, stop recording, and stop playing the loops, all with one pedal.

Yeh - this is kinda what i'm asking, how does it actually work when using it live. I want a pedal where I can play a few bars, start the loop, play something else over it, stop the loop etc. etc.

Ideally I'd like to be able to layer more than one part and I'd like to be able to do it all live.

• Members

Yeah, you can do exactly what you just said... Sound quality is very good. I think I'm right in saying that with RC20xl you can have 12 mins looping time and, in theory, an infinite number of loops over the top of that. So for use as a live tool with straightforward looping/layering I don't think you can get much better than that.

• Members

Should have said - the left pedal starts recording; you hit it again and it plays back, then again and you can overdub as many times as you want. The right pedal is used to stop the loop and if you hold it down, you can delete the loop and start again (ie without bending down).

If you have a loud loop and it'll sound strange to just end it there and then, you might need to pull the loop volume down with your hand but otherwise you can use it live with just your feet.

You need an extra pedal to reverse the loop and to switch between patches, I think.

I was unhealthily excited when I got mine.

• Members

hey what about the RC-2 loop effect pedal? That only has one pedal to press and.... how the hell could you do it all with just a single one?

EDIT: I just read there's a socket for external pedal thingies.

• Members

hey what about the RC-2 loop effect pedal? That only has one pedal to press and.... how the hell could you do it all with just a single one?

EDIT: I just read there's a socket for external pedal thingies.

I had the RC-2 for a couple weeks. Could NOT get it to work out for my live playing. You can do it all with one pedal by single clicking, double clicking and holding. :(

Missing the exact timing of recording loop/stopping loop/overdubbing was too hard to perform exactly everytime and therefore too risky for live stuff. Maybe spending a lot more time practicing with it would have helped, but I got impatient after a few practice sessions.

The extension pedal might have helped. On that note, the RC-20 could be a bit easier to work with.

• Members

Rc-20 is a breeze. Honestly the most useful pedal I own, and probably the best practice tool to buy ever.(maybe with the exception of lessons themselves)

Kevin

Yeah it's a dream for practice. But using it live is another story.

Archived