the evolution/de-evolution of a pedalboard

johnrambo

• Members

:phil:

Darwin would be proud.

But I think that Small Stone is just asking to get into the big gap in the upper left in the last photo...

no?
:confused:

if is still had it :cry: that's definately a pedal i will own again and should be on there. my favorite phaser by far.

• Members

Lol very impressive. That's a lot of changes
:eek:
In how long of a time span was that?

Also, how do you like the headrush compared to the dd-20, and the hoof muff thing to the big muff? Thanks..
:)

i was using the dd-20 for looping so i bought the headrush to take over the looping responsibilities and starting using the dd-20 as just a delay. the only modes on the dd-20 i was using were the analog, tape and modulated so i figured i'd try the real thing. the simulations the dd-20 does of analog and modulated delay are ok but aren't close to the real thing. the only downside i've seen to the headrush is that it's got a little hiss to it. i'm messing around with cables and power supplies trying to get rid of it but no luck yet. it's not a problem at bedroom volumes but when i turn my amp up it's no good.

the earthquaker devices hoof fuzz is built by forum member Sir_Dr_Lawyer. There is one residing on Dan Auerbach's pedalboard. that's probably the best advertisement I can give. to my ears, it's not quite as scooped as a big muff and is a little bit grittier. a very nice pedal. it's not on the board currently but i'm not getting rid of it anytime soon.

• Members

OK, now let's hear the rationale for each change between pictures. That will be informative.

the basic idea is to try out as many pedals as possible and decide what i like first hand. not every purchase is some greatly researched ordeal. if i see something i'd like to try and it's a fairly good deal i'll buy it (almost everything on there was bought used. if it doesn't suit me i sell it and try something else. if i have to take a small loss on a pedal to try it out for a while i don't mind. i'd be glad to answer questions about any specific choices made. there are things in there i wish i still had but it isn't like they're unavailable today.

Archived