the official Fugazi appriciation thread!!!

• Members

Great band, but just a guitar straight into the amp. Effects forum appriciation thread for an band that don't use effects = COOL.

guy used to use an mxr distortion + on occasion but yes, very minimalist gear wise. i would have to rate fugazi right up there as one of my favorite bands of all time. i saw them play right after the argument came out and it was probably the best show i've ever seen. so much energy. ticket price, $5. they have done things their way with regards to the music business and that is something to be appreciated. i've got most of their albums and listen to them pretty regularly but my favorites would be ends hits, red medicine and in on the kill taker. for anyone who's never heard of them i'd suggest you change that.

• Members

Seen them tons of times (being DC local helps :) ). Saw their last show, never said to be but it was the free one at Fort Reno. Will they play together again, who knows, but I sure hope so.

I even made it onto Instrument (the DVD). Woo Hoo.

• Members

The Evens just played here last week (Ian McKaye + Amy Farina). It was freaking great.

Ian played a Dano baritone guitar (straight into a bassman 4x10 reissue combo, the same one my guitarist uses, he was loving it). He was just rocking out and making faces, it was so cool just to hear him sing.

Fugazi played here many years ago but I didn't live in here then :(

• Members

red medicine is actually my favorite....
:thu:

yeah, i think it's because it was the first album i heard from them, so it's kinda all i knew of them for a while. then the rest gets heard thru red-medicine filtered ummmm....speakers??? i guess? :D

OH, and plus...red medicine kicks ASS!!!

• Members

Yes, there is irony seeing a Fugazi thread in an effects forum. I remember seeing a picture of Minor Threat's guitarist, and he had the pickup selector switch on his LP duct-taped into the "treble" position. They weren't much for using effects, I don't think. :D

My favorite Fugazi album is 13 Songs...which I believe is actually a compilation of two EP's. Incredible stuff, particularly "Margin Walker" and "Promises".

• Members

I'm a huge fugazi fan. Saw them a couple times. They came to knoxville once and pretty much vowed never to come back. If you've seen the dvd, you'll know why.

i remember that part... it was ugly. if you are reading this by the way, and have not seen the documentary "instrument" about fugazi, you should. even if you don't know much about the band, it's an amazing music film if you are in any way interested in true "indie" music.

i can't say enough good things about fugazi. incredible. i just hope they aren't gone for good without me ever getting to see them, because ALL the reports i've gotten from friends about their shows is that they are incredible (one friend said he had seen a better punk show, but it was bad brains in their heyday...)

• Members

this thread inspired me to fire up my ear goggles while working this morning. i listened to killtaker, red medicine and end hits all straight thru. highlights include;

killtaker: smallpox champion, cassavetes, great cop

red medicine: combination lock, by you, downed city

end hits: break, foreman's dog, guilford fall

i love the three song combo of foreman's dog > apreggiator > guilford fall

Archived