should i trade my headrush for an rc-2?

johnrambo

• Members

from personal experience i would say yes.. however, your not gonna find a more user friendly looper like the headrush.. but yes the ablility to save loops gives the rc-2 a big thumbs up aswell as footsize

sorry.. edit... find something else to sell, so you can keep for headrush and get the rc-2

• Members

My god I was just pondering the same question.... but really, I so rarely use even the 12 sec overdub setting on the Headsrush (or whatever it is - I have the E2). I use it for abstract thigns to build up layers and textures, so more time is not always the best for me.

As was said before - it's a pretty easy looper aye? I'd probably want to go to the RC-20XL tho due to the increased flexibility.

Still - I do wonder about this evey now and then.

• Members

I'd go for the RC2 just because of the massive increase of looping time. Check out Robert Matarazzo. He totally blew me away with his loop construction. If you've got time watch the video he has on his page. The best part is where he has like three or four loops of vocals going, and it sounds like a whole band singing with him.

• Members

the headrush's looping function is a JOKE compared to the rc-2. There is no comparison. Rc-2 all the way. RC-2 is smaller, loops longers, stores 11 loops, has drum beats, and is less noisy, etc ....even takes a FS-5U switch for tap tempo and has CD/audio input. The end..

• Members

The headrush is a delay pedal with a loop built in. If you are just using it for the Loop section, than its not the right pedal. Go with the Boss RC-2.

I use the delay on my headrush1 and use the loop ocasionally so for me its perfect.

• Members
All you fans of the RC-2...

Do you use it LIVE? I find it somewhat risky to loop on the fly at a live gig, because of timing issues (with other members of the band). I returned my RC-2 for this reason.
:(

Even though I've never done looping live, if you're playing to a click track it would be easy to use a looper. Otherwise, not so much.

• Members

does the rc-2 try to "quanitize" your loops or whatever they call it. i've heard of this feature on them that tries to correct your loop timing. i'm not interested in having that at all. i'm perfectly capable of timing my loops myself. i had no problems doing it on the sos mode on the dd-20 and have no problems with it now on the headrush.

• Members
does the rc-2 try to "quanitize" your loops or whatever they call it. i've heard of this feature on them that tries to correct your loop timing. i'm not interested in having that at all. i'm perfectly capable of timing my loops myself. i had no problems doing it on the sos mode on the dd-20 and have no problems with it now on the headrush.

No. It definitely does not try to "correct" your timing. What you play is what plays back. It is a great looper over all, however it does take some practice to get the sound down right to use it live so that the end of the loop and the beginning of the loop flow into each other seamlessly.

I highly recommend it :thu:

• Members

I hate the idea of having to hold a switch for 2 seconds to access any feature....or "double tap" for that matter.......

If you want features then spend the same amount on a used boomerang on ebay......oh wait....pedal size........nevermind.

• Members

one of my biggest problems with the headrush was it was noisey with my setup. i pulled my micro synth off my board and switched around a few patch cables and it seems like a lot of the noise is gone. i was thinking to myself today that i wish the headrush had one more button so i don't know if going to the rc-2 would be best for me.

• Members

i've had both and kept the Headrush. i mainly use a looper as a composition tool, and occasionally when i do an acoustic gig.

i sold the RC-2 as i didn't need the drumloops, and i never saved loops.
also, for me, the Headrush is much easier to make seamless loops on.

Archived