Synth sound pedal

• Members

The MF-107 is a true Moog oscillator capable of creating real analog synth sounds

its an osc hard synced to the guitar but it does not track pitch i also cant realy see how it would get you any where near the BOC sound as were really talking about replicating poly synth organ sounds and string sounds

not Moog 1970s synth sounds (as far as i am aware)

controlling the pitch of a synth from a guitar requires pitch to cv or pitch to midi and all of the cost and tracking problems that go allong with it

however prossesing the guitar sound with pedals is easer and cheaper IMO

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, basically i understand the easiest and most effective way (considering I know nothing about synths) is to buy some effects. But I still don't know what to get. I appreciate all the suggestions, but when I went and listened to as much as I could find on the internet, I really didn't think any of them would come to close to the sound I'm looking for. I'm not saying that I couldn't get the sound out of those effects, but the videos didn't really prove anything. Do any of those pedals recommended really have capabilities of producing some of those sounds or am I screwed?

Sorry for being a hassle, but thankyou

• Members

Wow, after looking at that link I definitely have second thoughts about the HOG. I think I will look into getting that. The Boss WP-20G looks interesting too, but until I have a two guitars and can put the pickup on a secondary guitar I will wait a little while. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.:thu:

• Members

I am really interested in the sound that Boards of Canada get with analog synths but am trying to achieve a sound similar using a guitar instead.

When I was trying to achieve the exact same thing (BOC sound on guitar) I ended up really satisfied with the combination of an EHX POG on the organ setting with a Boss VB-2 Vibrato before it. Definitely nailed that woozy synth sound for me.

I don't reckon the VB-2 was an absolute clincher - any pitch vibrato would get you somewhere close.

For other, more aggressive synth sounds I use a Subdecay noise box and a circuit bent flanger: http://home.columbus.rr.com/palthegiraffe/creations/DODmodulationalterations.htm

• Members

Set synth of reference to Electric Guitar.
Plug Guitar into amp.

Actually, to make a pedal to do that would be hardest of all: exactly like guitar, yet completely different. I had someone tell me that they wanted a pedal with one button that made their guitar sound like a keyboard. WHICH KEYBOARD???

One technique for a droney wash is distortion>chorus playing octave intervals. A fun setup I tried was fuzz into wah, with the signal split to the wah to keep it from taking over and some other effects in there mixing back together, keeping the wah low except slowly sweeping it up every time a note is held.

• Members
I've tryed a Moogerfooger... I dont see the purpose of such mechanism, seriously... IMO of course

:confused: The purpose is to experiment with sound. I wish I had the whole Mooferfooger line, but I have no $. I'm guessing that you are a purist with guitar tone, or a straight-ahead rocker, a la mode de Angus Young et Joey Ramone? Peut-

• Members
Korg makes a micro synth keyboard that models some of their more expensive stuff. It has an external instrument loop that allows you to process guitars through the keyboard. May not have the sound quality of a Moog or a Zvex but probably has more features than anything available for $400.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Korg-MicroKORG-SynthesizerVocoder?sku=702244

Micro Korgs are the {censored}. The sound quality is great. Its like Nine Inch Nails in a box. :lol:

And the vocoder is fun too.

• Members
Micro Korgs are the {censored}. The sound quality is great. Its like Nine Inch Nails in a box.
:lol:

And the vocoder is fun too.

My singer uses one. I love it. Well, its actually mine; I bought it. The vocoder could be a lot better though.

• Members
My singer uses one. I love it. Well, its actually mine; I bought it. The vocoder could be a lot better though.

Yeah the vocoder is definitely not perfect but I always have fun goofing with it. :D

BTW I just listened to Requiem. Awesome! :cool:

Archived