For all you Jekyll & Hyde users...

jbussiere

• Members

Hey everyone, i bought a Jekyll & Hyde a lil while back. I still haven't rlly found settings that just "BLOW" me away, pissed me off too cuz in the store i found the settings that convinced me to buy it, but now i don't remember what they were. Does anyone have particular settings they like best (for either side) besides the suggested ones of course...or maybe someone took a suggested setting and tweaked it a lil to sound better? any suggestions would help. btw i play a strat SSS...

• Members

I still haven't rlly found settings that just "BLOW" me away, pissed me off too cuz in the store i found the settings that convinced me to buy it

Pedals will sound different through different guitars and amps. You may not be able to re-create the same sound in the music store unless you are using the same equipment.

• Members

try maybe selling your cheap marshall for a cheap fender. It probably will have sounds similar to what you had and you won't need the marshall OD then

good idea...im leaving to go back to college soon, there are thousands of music majors/minors there, mayb one of them have a fender or something...if not i'll save up and by a hot rod of something...i was thinkin about an ac30...those seem sweet...

• Members

good idea...im leaving to go back to college soon, there are thousands of music majors/minors there, mayb one of them have a fender or something...if not i'll save up and by a hot rod of something...i was thinkin about an ac30...those seem sweet...

keep in mind an ac30 is totally different even though both have nice cleans. If you wanna keep that pedal, bring it along with your guitar when you try the amp.

• Members

lol...yea i know...but i couldn't afford an amp..so my friends gave me a real good deal on it...so i took it...i told myself, wellll by the cheapie amp so u can spend your $$$ on a nice axe..(which i got)...then next summer get a sweet amp...that way i didnt half-ass the guitar or amp..i'll eventually end up with a sweet setup...that was just my thinking lol

• Members

I have some my own amp issues (I play stereo through a bass amp and a crappy practice amp), but using an EQ after my J&H partially helps with that. While you're waiting for a better amp you might want to look into the Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ. It's cheap and it works quite well. You'd probably always have it on like me, so you wouldn't have to worry about stomping on the flimsy switch like some folks do....

• Members

i honestly don't know...it was just the amp hooked up to the effects rack...i know it was a fender...but i didn't rlly bother to look at specifics on it..i was sooo intrigued in the world of visual sound at that point...one of the hardest decisions was a J&H or RT66...ahhh:freak::freak::freak:

Archived