For all you Jekyll & Hyde users...

jbussiere

• Members

Since money is an issue, your best bet really is to try and either sell or trade in that amp, and then use the proceeds to get the best cheap tube amp you can: Epi Valve Jr., Fender Champ 600, or (best) Fender Pro Jr.

However, if you like the bells and whistles (reverb, second speaker, lots of fun knobs to twist) of the Marshall, standing pat may be the thing to do.

Whatever you do--or don't do--good luck!

• Members

Since money is an issue, your best bet really is to try and either sell or trade in that amp, and then use the proceeds to get the best cheap tube amp you can: Epi Valve Jr., Fender Champ 600, or (best) Fender Pro Jr.

However, if you like the bells and whistles (reverb, second speaker, lots of fun knobs to twist) of the Marshall, standing pat may be the thing to do.

Whatever you do--or don't do--good luck!

haha...yea im def a knobs and bells guy haha...but seriuosly i'm just gonna stick with this amp...the clean isn't THAT bad..so i will just fiddle with my pedals to get it right...plus i need some reverb cuz i play alot just clean...which is prlly a more reason y i need a new amp lol...but its all good..i just wanted to know if anyone found any good settings on their J&H..thanks to all

• Members

haha...yea im def a knobs and bells guy haha...but seriuosly i'm just gonna stick with this amp...the clean isn't THAT bad..so i will just fiddle with my pedals to get it right...plus i need some reverb cuz i play alot just clean...which is prlly a more reason y i need a new amp lol...but its all good..i just wanted to know if anyone found any good settings on their J&H..thanks to all

Here's my settings that worked well. The hyde side was my basic rythm. Blunt setting. I had set the Drive and Tone at 1:00, EQ at 9:00 or lower, and level at unity with my amp's volume. My Jekyll side had the drive set at 9:00 tone at 1:00, and volume at 11:00, bass boost off.

I play in a classic rock cover band and this got me through just about everything. The hyde side was my basic rythm and I would step on the both sides together for my leads. Sounded great.

I play a strat and a les paul through a fender deluxe reverb. At the studio I've used marshall jcm 900's and 2000's on their clean channels. It really is a great pedal. I wish the hyde side was a little more like my Rat, but the jekyll side is perfect. But it's when the two sides are engaged that really makes this pedal special.

As a side note, I had a whole board full of pedals when I used solid state amps. Once I got the deluxe reverb, most of the board went away.

Archived