Nano Stone is the one for me

johnrambo

• Members

how would you compare it to the Psilocybe?

i bought the psilocybe out of curiousity but my ears had already fallen in love the sound of a small stone. i usually run phasers pretty slow and i didn't like the psilocybe at that speed. for the faster, watery stuff it does well but i like that slow chewy sound better and a stone is just better at that IMO. and the switches on my psilocybe popped like crazy.

• Members

i bought the psilocybe out of curiousity but my ears had already fallen in love the sound of a small stone. i usually run phasers pretty slow and i didn't like the psilocybe at that speed. for the faster, watery stuff it does well but i like that slow chewy sound better and a stone is just better at that IMO. and the switches on my psilocybe popped like crazy.

one switch pops on the psilocybe, but thats not an issue because it's not like your switching those when your playing....

thats cool though. I use my psilocybe for the slow phasing actually.

• Members

how would you compare it to the Psilocybe?

Waco - I've got both the Nano Stone and just picked up the Psilocybe,I'd definately take the Psilocybe any day. It's a realy tweakable pedal which I found the Nano Stone and EVH Phase 90 (although both very good) aren't "dimensional" enough.

I normally run my phasers slow (just looking at the current setting I have on the Psilocybe shift 1 = left, shift 2 = right, regen = 2 O'clock and speed about 12 O'clock) it does slow very well.

If I want fast phasing I bring iout the Phase 90, I'm running both the EVHP90 and Psilocybe on my board at the moment.

• Members

I liked the Nano SS but I still prefer the "warmer" tones of the fullsize SS. Maybe it was the model that I had, but the sweep was too wide on the Nano and hard to dial in unlike its big brother.

Granted, the fullsize one does have a volume drop but after getting a modd'd one its seems to be tops.

• Members

I liked the Nano SS but I still prefer the "warmer" tones of the fullsize SS. Maybe it was the model that I had, but the sweep was too wide on the Nano and hard to dial in unlike its big brother.

Granted, the fullsize one does have a volume drop but after getting a modd'd one its seems to be tops.

So...no volume drop on the Nano?

Archived