What tube distortion pedal to get?

• Members

Im looking for a tube distortion pedal with trubypass analog sound something capable of heavy metal.

so far im looking at these: :eek:

cooltron bulldog distortion

seymour duncan twintube distortion

one of those radial tonebone ones?

EH english muffin

guyatone metal monster

:confused::idea::confused:

something in the 250$ range

• Members

I love my Seymour Duncan SFX03..... if I had to give flaws I would say that it sucks that it needs it's own power supply and I wish each channel had an EQ, not that it really needs it but I would like the option....

• Members

mesa boogie v twin is hands down the best. i also own the demonizer by damage control and thats good also. i used to own the readial tone bones hot british and classic but those are too marshall sounding for me. I like more of a recto tone and the v twin and demonizer gives me those sounds. Oh, and they are more than capable of metal tones.

• Members

a relatively unheard of pedal is jtpedals ValveBoy.. it's currently manufactured by another company if i'm not mistaken... if you could get your hands on that to try, it may be worth it as i've heard great reviews.. someone who posts here has/had it...

• Members

i need an EQ pedal was thinking about the MXR version
I need to find a good deal on that EH englishmuffin pedal it sounds nice
the SD twin. can it do what the metal muff does?
the mesa v twin and demonizer are ugly pedals
ive heard of the valveboy but it costs too much

anway thanks for the suggestions

• Members

I've sold all of my tube distortion pedals...v-twin, tone bone classic, guyatone and I'm forgetting one or two but they never work out all that well. The v-twin was probably the worst that I had actually. For unadulterated metal the guyatone was fun for practicing at home but none of them all sounded all that amp like or worked all that well with actual amp distortion.

Archived