Noisy Cricket!

fatbackribs

• Members

Dano, you really do build some great boxes. When is your 100000000000 knob Big Muff out?

Thx! Big Muff is ending up pretty complex. After the bmp mods, the ring modulator, the drone oscillator, 8 step sequencer, VCF and mixer, the PCB is up to about 8 inches long :) I'm beginning to wonder if it is actually an executable project. Every time I sit down with it I end up adding another module.

Love the new site and the new overdrive! :wave:

• Members

Bump!

I want some answers dammit! :wave:

Are the new versions for sale?

Can a nigga at least buy the PC board to build one?!!!

What are the best cabinets to match these with? (Would like to do a 1x12, if that's a recommended configuration...)

:D

• Members

Hi guys! No boards or parts for sale from the beavis, wish there was time. I do have a batch of 8 that are going up on the ebay in the next day or so. Check my site for info, not sure exactly when they'll go up.

Tenoken, I think an 8 or 10" speaker would be great. I'm building this little guy right now with a Jensen Mod speaker:

cnc_sml.jpg

This will be the first Noisy Cricket "combo" and will a charity auction on ebay in a few weeks. Woot!

There is lots of info on my site on the Noisy Cricket page about building your own--layouts, schematics, etc. If you are DIY handy, you should absolutely take a swing at building one--loads of fun.

Finally, in collaboration with Mark at Officially Licensed Circuits, we are working on a new design: the Tube Cricket. Check out Mark's site for more info on the kit:

olc_tubecricket.jpg

http://www.olcircuits.com/olc_tubecricket.html

One Watt or Less: That's the Best!

:wave:

• Members

HOLY {censored}!

The Tube Cricket is teh SEX!

I gotta get/make one of those. And the original Noisy Cricket of course.

Dan-o, please consider at some point making and selling the boards for these things. Parts can be bought anywhere, but the layout is proprietary and not so easy for young budding DIY-ers, like myself....

• Members

Tenoken, the PCB layout is in the Noisy Cricket instructions .. it shouldn't be too hard to etch a board from it. A 12" speaker would work well for you I reckon, I run mine through the 12" Bulldog in my Vox AC15TBX and it sounds ace.

Crap! Today is turning into a short jaunt down memory lane. Look at that color! C'mon don't you want to sell it back to me? I'll trade ya for a Mark II....

Heh, I thought it was a Mark II .. or is it a second run Mark I? It has the on/off switch in the volume pot, anyway. Nice to see it features as an icon on your site.

However, much as I respect you and love your work, I can't sell it back to you .. it matches my Jazzmaster too well ..

:thu:

noisy05_800.jpg

Archived