Rehousing Danelectro pedals...who does it?

TJ000

• Members

i was just thinking about getting a chicken salad, tuna melt, and maybe french toast and putting them all in one enclosure...would it be hard to swap out the knobs and switches for something a little more substantial? my wiring experience is limited to putting pickups in guitars

From what I know it sounds like a PITA.

• Members

I think the pots are the trickiest part because they're kind of soldered to the edge of the board. I'm still planning to rehouse my french toast and chilli dog in one enclosure.

French toast = Octave Up + Fuzz and Chili Dog is that Octave up / down ? Could be awesome sounding.

• Members

French toast = Octave Up + Fuzz and Chili Dog is that Octave up / down ? Could be awesome sounding.

The tricky part for me is this: Running the Chilli Dog into the French Toast would allow me to run an octave down signal into an octave up fuzz and get a weird synth sound (I tried it before, it was nice).

At the same time running the French toast into the Octave would give octave up fuzz plus octave down signal, but the fuzz will glitch the tracking on the octaver.

What I'd ideally like to do is put the french toast into the 'direct' part of the chilli dog so the fuzz doesn't affect the tracking of the octaver, and the octaver isnt made dirty etc.

I'm still trying to figure out how to alternate the fuzz between being after/in the middle of the octave.

• Members

i still want someone to house my Pastrami OD > Grilled Cheese fuzz in one box with TB switches. i want to try it, but after looking at some info online, it seemed like i would just end up destroying the pedals.

anybody want to take on the project for me? i will pay.

Archived