Project: Realtime building of the FKR Rat with photos

• Members

I thought this would be a good idea to build a pedal and show it to the forum as i am doing it.

Disclaimer -- this may become a complete failure. I've never had a build that didn't work -- maybe this will be the first? But then again, i never showed the web a live build, ugh. Build belongs to Beavis Audio.

First thing, i've built plenty of pedals but never owned a rat, which is surprising. So now i will build one :) I thought the FKR project from Beavis Audio would be a fun one. It has a lot of mods, a lot knobs and plenty of switches. :)

However, the FKR is housed in a rather larger (not huge) chassis. Pet peeve of mine -- i don't like large pedals :) Everything must be small! This is going to be a challenge, but i will try.

The project will start today! And what do ya know, the stuff arrive over the past weekend :)

The soldering iron is heating up. My girlfriend is off to work. Just me and the schematic. :)

1187170764_ae56542aef.jpg

1187174386_4ebb8d6e4c.jpg

I like to build from a PC board (no kits for me). This PC board i bought was a little wide. After a little dremel-ing, the board is now the right size. Fits snuggly inside this chassis -- a Context Engineering Co. 2506H-4N enclosure from Santa Clara, CA. It is slightly wider than a 1590B size enclosure and is also higher, but has just about the same length. The height will be key i hope.

1187178922_67a71a656b.jpg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can you go into more detail about how you will mount the switch directly to the board? Maybe I'm missing something nifty about how that enclosure works but I'm not seeing how this will come together...

sure, the enclosure has a separate top and bottom, held together by 2 plates with screws. After the PCB slides in, i will put the switch on followed by the top half of the enclosure. Should work okay...

• Members

i really like the combination of cheese, pineapple, jalapenos and tomatoes
:thu:

Dude! That's my absolute favorite pizza combo as well! However, I find it essential to have the jalapenos and tomatoes diced. And I need a side or two of ranch with that bitch. delicious!

Archived