Analog Delay Feedback Controller

Goominim

• Members

Okay, so most bucket-brigade delays have this lovely feedback and craziness when you twiddle with the knobs. It's sort of useless to do if you have to bend over and stop playing the guitar...so why hasn't anyone come up with a foot controller for this feature?

Or can you do this on the Bob Moog delay?

• Members

i've been thinking of this same thing recently, i think the keeley AD9 has the expression pedals that would do this; which i would be all over if it had more then 300ms delay. right now i'm working on just using a large knob on the one i want to adjust and do so with the footzor.

• Members

Isn't this what a SIB Mr.Echo does, albeit with a momentary stompswitch?

I built a BYOC delay with a momentary feedback switch that adjusts the repeat pot value when depreassed. It is wired to a pot to control the amount of feedback that is instantly added so I can adjust how quickly the feedback start to oscilate once I depress the pedal and hold it.

however when I built it, I was only getting a dry signal so I am waiting on parts in the mail so I can rewire and clean it up, and try again......

not an unheard of idea though...

• Members

Several delays allow for the use of expression pedals to control the feedback or delay time -

Moog
Memory Lane
Blackbox Quicksilver
RetroMan Kopy Kat
SPF I-5

And some have momentary switches that push the pedal into wacky oscillation mode -

Keeley modded AD9
Freakshow Digilog
SIB Mr. Echo and Mr. Echo Plus
Boss DD20 and DD6

But I think most delays can be modded to accept expression pedal control of the delay time and/or feedback controls. Depending on how much room there is and how much you're willing to spend on modifications.

Archived