Prophecy Question

Sealed

• Members

Found this page: http://www.dancetech.com/aa_dt_new/hardware/item.cfm?threadid=135?=0

in the short reviews someone posted:

"The arpeggiator is killer with an external MIDI clock. Set it to subdivide the beat "on-the-fly". I bought it for the sound, but I keep it for the ribbon controller. It makes a great controller for polyphonic voice modules. "

• Members

It sure does, and it still sounds as good as the day I bought it, like...10 years ago now? 12? I bought it new when they first hit the street.

about the only negative to using it as a controller is its small keyboard. 3 octaves can be restrictive (for some people).

damn..Now I need to go fire her up again.

• Members
Can it be used as a polyphonic master keyboard?

Depends on what you consider a master keyboard. Are you talking basic midi or are you talking splits, layers, etc on different midi channels and so on?

• Members

Thanks for your advices.

I was wondering if it only transmit monophonic MIDI note - quite a beginner's question.

The controllers and the keys are very attractive to me. If it can play polyphonic notes, I'd like to get it as a master keyboard.

• Members

I had one for a while and I used it to control other synth modules that were polyphonic. If the module is polyphonic, as most are, it doesn't matter that the Prophecy is mono - the sound coming from the module will be polyphonic.

• Members

You're in deep trouble. Yes, the Prophecy sends poly, and the knobs send midi cc's. I've recommended it to people looking for midi controller keyboards for their PC set-ups since it's small and has REALLY good controller functions(the ribbon log is to die for) AND it is a GREAT mono synth unto itself.

You have my sympathies.:thu:

(find progenie after you get it)

PS: The prophecy has early OASYS code in it. (hint, hint)

• Members

I've been using the prophecy as my sole controller for nearly 10 years- works quite well- and it is the best sounding MOSS engine Korg put-out- still sounds 1337-tek today

3 octaves is PERFECT for just about any electronic music production- especially for improvisation [any more than 3 octaves and your playing is probably too dynamic- [read: prog-cheese-solos]] 3 octaves gives your basslines and phrases just enough room but not so much as to invite solo-masturbation- a good limiting factor to keep you focused

• Members

I played Prophecy when it came out at a shop for a short time. I was impressed at the controllers, and I remember aftertouch worked great - the keys are pushed further.

And I agree the 3 octave keyboard is very attractive for electronic music. Of course, the MOSS engine is great. I'm interested more and more. Thanks for your information!

Archived