Zvex Machine

gold_soundz

• Members

Who out there likes the Machine and how are you using it? I have been using a simple fuzz - boost - delay set up of late and would like something a bit different to spice it up, particularly for crazy solos. Im not into industrial music - I like 60s psychadelic music, noisy feedback stuff like velvet underground. I have been a little bored with wah, phasers etc of late...thanks!

:)

• Members

The machine should fit into your style of music pretty well if you're running it with the right guitar. IF you seriously scoop the mids and use something like p90s then it's possible to get hellacious blues tones.

The only guitar I ever liked with the Machine was a Jazzmaster with the mid-cut switch. It screamed with a Machine...OTherwise, I thought the machine was a little too bright. With the JM and mid-cut I could leave the machine on all night and never get tired of the way it sounded.

Also, it seems to come alive in front of a slightly broken up amp or a fuzz pedal. It doesn't do so well over a clean channel or a distortion channel. Just an opinion, others may disagree.

• Members
Who out there likes the Machine and how are you using it? I have been using a simple fuzz - boost - delay set up of late and would like something a bit different to spice it up, particularly for crazy solos. Im not into industrial music - I like 60s psychadelic music, noisy feedback stuff like velvet underground. I have been a little bored with wah, phasers etc of late...thanks!

:)

i use the machine for stuff like that. it does do the industrial stuff, but can make some great 60's fuzz vibes, and they phase in and out.

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=4732150&q=hi

the backwards fuzz sounds are the machine by itself. i think the machine would be a good choice.

Archived