Basic Electronics Question

Fender&EHX4ever

• Members

I think the drill/phone problems are different...I think a mains conditioner might stop the drilling coming through...but I think the cell phone thing is a different problem and I don't think much can be done about that, apart from not having one anywhere near your amp.

• Members

The cell phone pickup will probbaly be due to an inductor acting as a arial, you may have a crap solder joint as well, the upshot is you can pick up 2.5G frequencies. Can you actually here the conversations though ? I'd be very suprised as mobile systems are now digital, where do you live ? It's most likley a cordless phone you are picking up.

My wah and compressor occasionally pickup radio, particually at night with all those weird Euro stations on LW

• Members
I think the drill/phone problems are different...I think a mains conditioner might stop the drilling coming through...but I think the cell phone thing is a different problem and I don't think much can be done about that, apart from not having one anywhere near your amp.

I played an acoustic gig at an intimate sake/tea lounge, but I was picking up everyone else's cell phones. I was trying to roll with it, and tried to incorporate it into the set :lol: but the owner was getting frustrated, and said that she's never had that happen with anyone else's gear :confused:

• Members

The cell phone pickup will probbaly be due to an inductor acting as a arial, you may have a crap solder joint as well, the upshot is you can pick up 2.5G frequencies. Can you actually here the conversations though ?

I don't hear the conversations, but I hear the radio wave before the cell phone rings. So a bad solder joint could pick up radio waves?

• Members

Don't think it is a bad solder joint as all of my amps pick up that sound before the phone rings but only if they are within like a foot of the amp.

I don't hear the conversations, but I hear the radio wave before the cell phone rings. So a bad solder joint could pick up radio waves?

• Members
By the way..... thanks for your info on the HOAX........ it was some of your threads and such that helped me decide to get it. I am
quite
happy with the piece. Way cool.
:freak:

:thu: Yeah, I keep finding new ways to use the Hoax. I feel it's one of EHX's most interesting boxes. I loved the Analog Playground pics. You have an amazing setup! :eek: I would never leave the studio.

• Members

The same thing happens when my phone is close to a radio, or the tv...just before it rings, you here this beep beepity beep thing through the speakers.

....I would have just stopped, stood up and said "turn your {censored}in' phones off for christ sakes, stop texting your mates and listen to the music or {censored} off" :lol:

• Members
Tatame indeed, but it's been awhile since Maggie invited me. I think the cell-phone thing bummed her out
:cry:
The EHX rig stays home
:lol:
, but I would probably bring The Worm and The Blackfinger.

Cool! I still haven't been in there yet, though I work right around the corner on Park Ave.

What kind of material do you do?

• Members

I don't hear any of that on the Fender, but the circuitry is pretty well sealed within the chassis, including the flat piece stapled to the top of the cabinet. Does it do this even with nothing plugged in and/or with the input gain turned to zero (or 1)?

Archived