Vox 847RI VRS. Crybaby Wah

KjStrat62

• Members

I agree. It should have true bypass.

As far as tone is concerned though, I don't consider this a legitimate question. The Vox is one of the best reasonably priced wah's out there.

I have a Fulltone Clyde standard. The vox holds it's ground against it but just doesn't have the sweep range. I have considered getting rid of mine and buying 2 vox's just so I don't have to deal with fuller.

The vox is an awesome wah.

• Members

What's the difference between the 847 and the 847A? I have had an 847 for years, and finally got around to doing the true bypass/volume mod last week.

I've been relentlessly experimenting with the thing over the last week or so, and right now, I have a 100k "Q" resistor, and a 1K8 in the "midrange"...tried a 2K2 at first, but it seemed to take away some of the sweetness, so I backed it off, and now that parts more mildly modded.

I replaced the 33K w/ a 68K first off (the so-called "vocal" mod), then thought I'd split the difference with 47K or 56K, but put the 100K in for s & g last night, and really like it so far.

It's super easy to mod...a lot of fun.

That's one issue I have with the Crybaby...I have a dead one right now I'm going to try and fix, but since the jacks are PCB mounted, tb'ing one is more of a pain in the ass, from what I gather. The buffer supposedly helps...but I've not had any experience with a working Crybaby in a few years.

I'm going to have a Vox Clyde McCoy (848, I think, right?) in a day or two. I'm getting it in a trade deal, so I'm not sure exactly what to expect from it...I've heard a lot of good things about them, though.

• Members

i got a morely pro series 2 wah/volume and i love the wah sound of this as compared to the crybaby voxes ive tried before because the high end toe part is less trebley its set just right in my opinion i can rock the wah all the way till it touches the toe end and not worry about it producing a sharp edgey sound that gets under the ears

Archived