This or This?

BeerBaron

• Members

Have been interested in a getting some pedals or a processor for myself. I've been looking to get a good AC/DC sound and also a good wah sound, so I have been look at some Boss gt-6's on ebay that are around my price range and also I have been looking at some individual pedals instead of a big processor

What do you think I should do?

Get a Boss GT-6 with lots of effect and amp/pedal modeling

Or should I get this Marshall Guvnor 2 pedal

http://lamusic.ca/default.asp?szNav=Product&PID=14442#

And this Jim Dunlop Original CryBaby Wah:

http://lamusic.ca/default.asp?szNav=Product&PID=1753

I was thinking to myself I should rather but something new with my money that will atleast get me some type of warrenty if it ever craps out on me, Instead of a big processor that I'm taking a chance over eBay with (though it had more effects lol)

So what do you think I should do? I honestly really only need/want to get a good AC/DC sound and a good Wah effect. But I could get that from the Boss and have lot of extra stuff to use.

Peace

:thu:

• Members

what guitar(s) and amp(s) do you have? This is kinda a badly phrased question. Do you want to be able to do other stuff?

My instinct says get the guvnor + wah, although you could do better if you wanted (MI Audio Crunch Box, and the Ibanez Weeping Demon wah is great for the money -- you can find them used for about $75)

• Members

I have a Epiphone SG 65 reissue and a Dean ML Phantom and my amp is a Crate VTX 212B. Well I would really just like to get a Marshally AC/DC sound so like besides that and the Wah. I would like to get something that model's some amps (JCM800, JTM 45) mostly Marshall amps. I would maybe like to get some higher gain amp model's like a Mesa/Boogie type sound, but the "Solo" channel can bassicly get any high gain sound I want.

I did check out the Ibanez Weeping Demon on the lamusic site and it looks very awesome and the price is right to but its a little bit outta my budget if I get the Guvnor with it. I would pick up one used but after say I grab one off of eBay and shipping I might aswell have just bought it new for 25 bucks more.

Then I still need to get a cable to hook into my preamp and a coupler cable to hook the 2 pedal together. I know I'm fusing over like 40 or 50 bucks but I just a kid going to skool without a job, I dont really wanna borrow from my mom n dad lol.

Thank you
Daniel

• Members

I saw one on the spam thread here... you find much better deals here than on ebay, plus people are more trustworthy. I know your situtation, since I'm in college and have no money either. If you find someone on here to sell you the wah or whatever, ask them in a PM if they'll throw in a guitar cable and a pedal jumper cable... people are nice here so if they have a spare they just might give it to you for like $5 extra or whatever, a lot cheaper than the store.

• Members

In the spam thread:

Dunlop Crybaby classic w/ Fasel: $70 ($20 less than lamusic)

and

look thru the spam threads at peoples' cheap distortion and OD pedals, someone has an Ibanez DS-7 which is like a Boss DS-1 but way better for the price ($30) and there are more expensive things, but I'm not sure which of them sound most like the guv'nor. If you're willing to wait a few days, post a reply to spam saying you want to buy something that sounds like a guv'nor, tell them your price range and see what happens.

• Members

Hey, I did post in the "SPAM" forum and I get the guy who is selling that one CryBaby and I also got one regraurding a EHX Metal Muff since I'am interested in one of those too. Once again, Ill take it into consideration buy used from some people on here, but I think I'm just gonna be buying from www.lamusic.com. It's not really a trust issue or even a money issue. I dont mind spending a couple more bucks to say get something new and with a warrenty that's valid then buy something used that could break and then I'm just stuck with a broken pedal.

And it's also a time issue too, pm/emailing him, ask for pictures, decide if I actully want it, get his address, get the money order, ship it to him, get the tracking number, and the overall waiting for the product lol.

and it's not like $$$ is hard to make here, can always work for my brother lawn company for a day and make a quick 50 bucks or something :D

anyways, my mind is not made up yet.

peace
daniel
:thu:

Archived