Phase90 Mods...

Noise...

• Members

All 3. I did it. Sounded good. Someone here has it now, and claims its great.

I just clip them out, right? No soldering anything or bridging?

Removing all three basically reverts it to being a Script Phase90, right?

Did you notice any difference in the intensity of the phase after the mod? Did you need to mess with the trimpot?

• Members

you seem to really wanna get into the modding/etc thing. might as well get youself an iron and some solder, and solicit some diy suggestions (either here or another thread).

the
now with the
as a demo seems like a great way to kill several birds with one stone:

I definitely want to do some BYOC stuff. I have for a while now.

I may just have to order a few to give it a try. I need some effects, and pretty much anything can be undone if I place something incorrectly, so I don't see why I couldn't do it.

They come with detailed instructions, right?

• Members

All 3. I did it. Sounded good. Someone here has it now, and claims its great.

I have Overwhelmed987's old Phase 90 pedal and it does sound good. He did the mods and there is no clipping when strumming or anything unpleasant like that. I don't know all the details of doing the mods but I recommend you do it if you find out how.

• Members

Definitely don't mess with the trimpot - if you get it out of whack, you will lose the phaser effect completely. Getting it back just so is a real pain in the a**...

Here's a stock Reissue Phase 90 (first off, then on) - click - notice the gargled distortion going on with the pedal engaged.

Here's the same pedal with R28 taken out - click

/Andreas

Archived